1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keith Vaz facing 6 months suspension

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florian gassmann, Oct 28, 2019.

1. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The Commons Standards Committee have ruled that there is compelling evidence that Labour MP Keith Vaz supplied cocaine to two male prostitutes with whom he had paid-for sex in August 2016. They have recommended he be suspensed for 6 months after he failed to fully co-operate in a probe and was "evasive" in his replies. The suspension could lead to a recall petition and by-election in Leicester East.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50212221

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I bet he put the cost on his expenses!

Posed as a washing machine salesman.... I think I saw that movie:eek:

3. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

In not sure why the police declined to take action. They've harassed plenty of people on the basis of very much flimsier evidence.

4. florian gassmann

He said he just wanted to take them for a spin ... ;)

MAGAorMIGA, nomad and Kandahar like this.
  5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Likely to be overtaken by events though...

Does the Recall Act say what happens if a GE is called mid-way through the petition?

6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Someone send the MET Mr Gove's address.

And some faster cars.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Are you suggesting that Mr Gove enjoys the services of teenage rent boys and supplies them with drugs? If so, kindly state your evidence.

WB and Kandahar like this.
  8. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

I wonder why this has taken over three years to be dealt with. Also why was he re-elected in 2017 when this was already known about? We seem to be heading for a general election, surely he wouldn't stand again.

9. Scintillant

No. I am stating that he used cocaine by his own admission. Not suggesting it.

MAGAorMIGA and monicabilongame like this.
  10. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

11. Oscillatingass

I gather there is nothing stopping him unless of course he has any remorse

12. Oscillatingass

Although Gove did not procure illegal drugs for others while using an assumed identity.

artboyusa, nomad and Kandahar like this.
  13. Scintillant

I didn't realise Cocaine had been legalised.

On your way then Mr Gove.

Evening all.

MAGAorMIGA and monicabilongame like this.
  14. Oscillatingass

What makes you think cocaine has been legalized?

15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I don't know that this story is entirely about the supply of drugs.

How do you imagine Keith Vaz earned the name of Vaseline Vaz amomg his colleagues? I suspect this complaint has less to do with the supply of drugs to rent boys but more about an argument over whoever cornered the market in the Commons for lubricants.

16. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

He has a large bottle of little blue pills.

blazer likes this.
  17. florian gassmann

"A recall petition cannot be launched if a general election is due to be held within the next six months and it will be halted if an early general election is called."​

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/insights/the-first-use-of-a-recall-petition-in-the-uk/

So basically, he gets away with it. Guess who'll be voting for an early general election. ;)

18. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Is Vas one of those "tank topped bum boys" that our Prime Minister was referring to?

19. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

More likely to be visa versa.
    Sniff.

20. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Did Gove then claim to be suffering from amnesia when asked about it? Vaz did. (I love that. "So what about the dope and the rent boys, Keith?" "Um, sorry I'd love to help you but I seem to have caught amnesia".
    And (don't tell anyone) but I admit that I have misused illegal drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. Actually "misused" is the wrong word. I used them for the purpose for which they were intended. True, it was forty years ago but I don't want people to think I have amnesia. Or any other form of drain bamage.

Kandahar likes this.