1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

keeping records of what you post

Discussion in 'Personal' started by AdrianWapcaplet, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Is there a way to store my posts on this forum? sometimes I comment on a thread but cannot remember the title of the original post when I come back to see if the anyone else has commented further. The search function isn't helpful because I can't remember the titles.

2. Is there a way to store my posts on this forum? sometimes I comment on a thread but cannot remember the title of the original post when I come back to see if the anyone else has commented further. The search function isn't helpful because I can't remember the titles.

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Have you been having memory problems for long?

4. I can't remember.
    I am more of a lurker than a poster and not a freqent lurker at that. When I do post to a thread it has usually been going for quite a while and the topic has invariably changed from what the original poster had in mind which is why I have trouble remembering the title.

5. Hi
    The answer to this is to add the topic to your hotlist. You have to be logged in.
    Click on the relevant topic and click "Add to hotlist" at the top of the page. You will find your hotlist on the right hand side once you are in a forum or topic with quick links to remove topics from your hotlist too. When someone posts in the topic (aka thread), you will see the number in bold with the word 'new' next to it to indicate new posts since you last looked. You have to be logged in to see this.

6. [​IMG]

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

If you haven't saved a topic into your hotlist, another way to find a posting is to click on the number of posts under your user name on any posting of yours you can find. (the number appears next to report abuse). This will show all of the posts you have made.
    Try it on a posting you have made for this topic and you'll find the 5 (as I write - you may do more before you read this) postings you have made so far.

8. After doing that, you can even add the resulting page to your browser favs and just go straight to it anytime.
    eg https://www.tes.co.uk/searchResults.aspx?area=staffroom&author=2139184

9. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

If you can find a thread you have commented on, go to your post and click on the number where it says 'number of posts' - it'll show you more of your comments.
    alteratively just hotlist every thread you comment on