1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keeping an eating disorder 'away'/

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by moomoon, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I'm not sure if I want any advice, or if I just need to write everything down - think I need to understand it in my head.
    Anyway, a few years ago I was treated for an eating disorder....At one stage I was eating half a can of soup, being sick and making sure I had spent an hour plus in the gym... everything I ate was worked off in the gym, and I made myself sick- it took a long time to admit to myself I was ill... I would tell myself I could stop at any time and I deserved it- I was punishing myself. My boyfriend, now my husband, was great and really supportive.
    I recovered- CBT, anti-depressants and a dose of reality all helped, I had a lot of time out of work and changed jobs. Life was good, Life is good.... but there was still that nagging voice whenever I felt full... telling me to be sick. I could always ignore this voice and was fine.
    Anyway, last August I had a baby and generally everything is good. However, the weight was coming off quickly and I started to enjoy it.... The anprexic part of me is getting stronger. I am so aware of my daughter and I will not go down that path again- I want normal eating habits to be what she sees. I don't want disordered eating to be considered normal but I am finding it so hard to eat. Stupid, huh?
    There is just a voice,a part of me which wants to skip meals, wants to be sick after meals and for the main, I can ignore it... but sometimes it is so overwealming. I am so, so, so scared it will overtake me... I just don't know if I can stop it.
    I am trying to follow a meal plan, eat three meals at the same time as my daughter but for some reason, I'm finding it a whole lot harder.
    Anyway, if you managed to get to the end of this long post- thanks for reading.