1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keep on keeping on...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by thekillers, Feb 17, 2011.

1. thekillers

thekillers Established commenter

Hello people.
    What happens when you have a good application, good references but failed the interview? This was the situation that happened to me recently.
    Yes, I know the interview went bad, although I feel relieved at the same time: the organisation may have been the 'wrong' place for me. I cannot remember what I said, but I knew it was less than good.
    It's an odd feeling!

2. thekillers

Hello people.
    What happens when you have a good application, good references but failed the interview? This was the situation that happened to me recently.
    Yes, I know the interview went bad, although I feel relieved at the same time: the organisation may have been the 'wrong' place for me. I cannot remember what I said, but I knew it was less than good.
    It's an odd feeling!

3. vou

vou

Don't worry!! Maybe it was not to be!! If you got the job and then thought - Oh no I don't want to be here - that would be horrible!! You'll do better next time and in a position you will want!! Go with your gut feeling. :)

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Always going to be disappointing not to get a post, but if your first instinctive reaction was one of relief, you may well not have been happy working there.
    You'll have learnt a great deal from the experience for when that 'right' job does come along!

5. I agree. I think you should go with your gut feeling and I believe that things happen for the best in the end. Maybe that is just my way of dealing with things. I am still waiting to hear back.

6. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

Quite possibly. Schools can vary enormously. Some might have heads that remind you of Mother Theresa, and where there is a truly caring and nurturing environment. And then there are others whose heads make Hitler seem like a passionate advocate of human rights.

7. thekillers

Wow! Thank you for the feedback guys.
    I know this statement is somewhat different, but I have not stopped at job hunting, applying for vacancies, as well as contacting agencies. Yes, the job market is 'less than stable' this year, however I have been gaining positive feedback about my CV from a number of agencies.
    In addition, the horoscope, which I have recently read, has suggested that March is going to be a positive month for my star sign - this is for personal and professional outcomes.
    Hope everyone is having a degree of success with their job hunting.

8. This has happened to me a few times - I ask for feedback and I get generally positive comments, so I can only think that the school couldn't see where I'd 'fit'.
    I'm currently on supply and I've covered classes in quite a few schools where I've applied for jobs (and heard nothing) and since working there I'm totally relieved I didn't get an interview there! A while ago I went on a school visit where there was a vacancy and the head was lovely, very welcoming, positive etc and recently I ended up doing some supply there. The head was completely different - she didn't introduce herself (I've never been on supply somewhere without the head/deputy introducing themselves) and instead of taking me to the classroom she simply grunted some directions - in fact this was all she said, not even a hello or thank you! The rest of the staff there were also miserable (children were lovely might I add). At the end of the day I was pleased I was going home and glad I didn't get a job there.

9. thekillers

That was the general feeling after the interview and lesson observation. [​IMG]