1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keep failing lesson observations

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by groovy15, Jul 8, 2011.

1. groovy15

groovy15 New commenter

I have been teaching for about 9 years now and I used to get 'good' or 'ourstanding' in my lesson observations. However, after my return from maternity leave (I took a year off) I keep getting inadequate in lessons. The goal posts have moved so much since I have been away and despite seeing what other teachers are doing and seeking advice I am still failing even if the pupils have worked well. I have maily bottom sets and I am currently having problems with bullying and depression in my department which is a separate issue. I am so frightened I will lose my job as they use performance for redundancy. I used to be a good teacher and I have no confidence in myself despite the students saying they enjoy my lessons and understand what I am teaching them! Help!

2. groovy15

groovy15 New commenter

Thanks for this. I have looked at other tecahers and they are doing similar things to me but I have bottom set. I differentiate work as much as possible and set plenty of extension tasks for the ore able. I have not been offered any training at all and if I ask I get told no! I even asked for training within school such as observing other teachers which has been refused!

I will be on to the union and ask for someone alse to observe me!