1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keep being logged off.

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Anonymity, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Anonymity

Anonymity Occasional commenter

Despite ticking the box to keep me logged on, I keep being logged off. Is there anything I can do?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Anonymity

Everyone gets logged off after a certain period of inactivity - not sure how long, but @TES_Rosaline will no doubt advise.

Do you mean though, that you are getting logged off as you switch between different sections of the site?

3. Anonymity

No. It is after inactivity - I can be on (and leave the page on), leave for an hour and when I come to post, I have to log in again.

I was hoping that if I ticked the box 'keep me logged in' I wouldn't have to log on again between visits.

Thank you.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Anonymity

Then you are the same as us all - it is how the site is meant to work I believe, rather than a fault. There isn't an option to remain logged on indefinitely through a period of inactivity.

5. Anonymity

Thank you @marlin I'll have to get used to logging in regularly! I hadn't realised how much I liked the sites that keep you logged on indefinitely!

marlin likes this.