1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kate expecting!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I think

2. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

What makes you think?

3. put on 2 lbs

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

How do you know?

5. Spanakopita

God. That much? That's huge.

6. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Poor woman.

7. Spanakopita

Why poor?

8. Two c-sections and post-natal depression later, Prince Wills will be seeking solace with his own version of his step-mother. It's in his DNA

9. That'll be its ears.

10. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

11. henriette

henriette New commenter

The dreaded Daily Mail headlined this a few weeks ago - she was at a friend's wedding and looked "plump" and "tired" apparently!

12. hbf - i think i love you [​IMG]

13. I'm plump and tired and feel sick every morning.

14. Nah - his marriage is nothing like the sham affair that Diana endured. Kate seems a confident 'royal' already.
    Diana and Charles were ill-suited from the start...it wasn't a love match. She was chosen as a decent, virginal brood mare. Poor girl. No wonder she became depressed when the initial magic of it all wore off. She was married to a middle aged bore...who loved someone else and once she'd produced the heir and spare Charles didn't really need her. He never needed her. Any young and rather shy woman, lacking in self-esteem and confidence would have been bewildered and saddened by it all. Charles liked intellectual pursuits and had an older, aristocratic bunch of friends. Diana never fitted in.
    Kate is a woman of the world. She has lived a bit and is confident and educated...Diana wasn't any of those things and needed Charles to help her play her part. He tired of her and didn't find her stimulating. He also kept a mistress. How many women would be happy in those circumstances?
    Kate is relishing her role and I think it's pretty obvious William admires and loves her. I don't think Charles ever felt that way about the young and inexperienced Diana. I have enormous sympathy for Diana....I was so glad she blossomed and played Charles at his own game and stuck two fingers up at the establishement, eventually. I like the fact she became a loose cannon. There is no denying she loved her boys and also broke with so many royal traditions that they blossomed into confident, worldly-wise young men, not the stuffed shirt and formal prince that Charles was as a young man.
    I am glad he is happy with Camilla.
    He should have gone off with her in the first place.
    Kate is 'one of them' and was accepted from the start. The young royal set have moved on. She'll be fine when she becomes a mother I suspect. Should William start to get a roving eye or play the field, then who would blame her if she did do a Diana? Wouldn't any woman?

15. Too thin for babies, though. It'll lead to trouble. Unless she has a zip put in

16. She's too posh to push. I imagine her children will come out through the sun-roof.

17. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Could I honestly get excited over the prospect? I'm feeding and housing far too many of them without a thank you as it is.

18. join in and take the p iss

19. I agree MM. It's time for a cull.
    The circle seems full of young things doing very little but enjoying enormous privileges.
    When her Maj pops her clogs Buck House will be like Hello's HQ. I want my Royal family to be stuffy and distant if we have to have one. If they become 'celebs' and all we see is their luxurious jollies - did we ever see the Queen living it up, gallivanting, partying? - then I don't want to support them. They have to at least pretend the royal 'life of service' is a restrictive noble calling...not a passport to the life of the idle rich.
    Perhaps it's because the paps show us their every move. The Queen might have been a right little drunken raver in her youth (her sister was) but we just didn't get to see it. We see Harry falling out of clubs regularly.

20. Spanakopita

Even though he has the intellect of a pea?