1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

kandinsky and music

Discussion in 'Music' started by sparklepig2002, Jan 31, 2012.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

The year 1 class will be studying kandinsky after half term and the teacher wants me to link my music lessons with her art topic, as apparently his paintings were inspired by music. I am not quite sure what she wants yet, but I was just wondering if anyone had done a similar topic and had any good ideas to get me started.Thank you very much.

2. I did a similar topic for year 7 linking art, music and pe through kandinsky. I didn't know a lot about the painted but think he was inspired by movement. My students composed some music which was recorded - with year 1 perhaphs they could create some music with classroom percussion - i'm not sure what y1 are capable of as I'm secondary trained. They then created dances for this music which te performed with paint on their hands and feet creating a piece of art.
    Later on they did paintings based on photos of their dance and created another composition to show different types of movement

3. Year 1???????