1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kagan structures in maths lessons

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by smillsj, Jan 19, 2012.

1. smillsj

smillsj New commenter

I am interested if any of you have experience of Kagan structures in maths lessons.

2. smillsj

smillsj New commenter

I am interested if any of you have experience of Kagan structures in maths lessons.

3. Yes
    They were IMPOSED on us at my last school
    I ignored them all and carried on regardless. No time to play with the content needing to be delivered.

4. Limited. I like to keep it that way.

5. Yes, I have just moved schools and have asked my new team to consider using them.
    Number Heads Together and 2 Box Induction are both worth reviewing :)

6. Never heard of it! Just looked it up and mostly found people whittering on about how they were desperate for the summer to end after they'd been on the course, but not much info about what it's all about. What is a rally robin? All I understood from heads together was a cartoon that looked like the reason my daughter keeps getting headlice!
    Do tell....

7. I'm trying to block he inset session out of my brain.

An embarassing method of teaching.

I know of schools which use these ideas with 6th form. How is that preparing them for lectures?