1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just wondering

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by lidlest, Nov 1, 2011.

1. lidlest

lidlest New commenter

If I was doing a job for 2 years, unpaid, told it wasn't part of the TLR structure of the school but then when I stopped doing it (paid promotion) they advertised it as paid can I go and ask for back pay? It's exactly the same job... I guess i'm being a bit cheeky as I was happy to do the job for experience but also feel a little used.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No, you can't.

3. lidlest

lidlest New commenter

My apologies for my snotty response... had just woken from a nap (new baby/not feeling well) and was feeling ratty. I didn't 'feel' i was doing it , I was, same position, same job description but yeah I can see your accountability point. Still think the Head treated me like a mug.

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I left a post which was +1 on the old management points system. I'd built up the role, and so when I left they decided it really ought to be advertised as a +2. It's a bit galling, but these upgrades are unlikely to happen while there's someone getting on with the job.