1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just typical of my luck

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Cassandra, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I was fortunate enough to be drawn as a lucky winner of the TES Resources annual cinema pass promotion that was running in June.
    However, living in the *rse end of anywhere, the nearest cinema from this chain is 100 miles from my city.
    *sigh*

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Could you maybe sell it on, Cass?
    I'd offer, but I'm 60 miles from the nearest cinema. [​IMG]

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Where do you reckon I live then, chuck!?

4. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

The uselessness is in the prize.

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

That is very annoying and also very thoughtless of them - you would think they would pick a prize that isnt only available to certain people. It may be worth you contacting them and telling them how chuffed you are to win but how peeved that you can't actually use the prize through no fault of your own. Anyway - congrats!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You were not a lucky winner but an unlucky winner, as the prize is a dud one. Tell TES it's useless and see if they can't find something else for you.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Yes, let them know, Cassandra.

8. I do seem like an ungrateful so and so. I was thrilled to actually win something!
    However I have written to ask if there might the possibility of an alternative prize.
    I thought they'd beaten me to it as I noticed a message in my inbox. However, it was a warning about my avatar, which (after 4 years with no problems) apparently contravenes the T & C. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned my disappointment with the prize.
    So, goodbye Slash[​IMG]