1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just Thanks

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by oceanroc7, Nov 19, 2015.

1. oceanroc7

oceanroc7 New commenter

I have been reading all the support out there and I just wanted to say how grateful I am.
    We are absolutely at the chalkface between poor parenting and all the ills of modern society.
    I have been teaching for 22 years and it doesn't - although it should - seem to be getting easier. I fear it will get worse in the next 10 years. I can't WAIT to retire although I (madly and not always) still enjoy having a challenging and often rewarding job. We are totally alone in our rooms but I see, through this forum, that we are a huge brotherhood (sisterhood if you prefer) of shared stress, exhaustion and workplace dilemmas.
    Without the TES advice and support from the likes of "Theogriff" etc I think I could just fade away and forget that I am making a difference and I can FIGHT BACK.
    Thanks to everyone out there who reads our cries for help, and most importantly empathisises and CARES.

I am just back from a Year 11 Certificate Evening. I was their Head of Year for 3 years so I am feeling up-beat and so proud of them. And they were glad to see me. I know that a little bit of me is in all of them. What can be better than that?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What a lovely testament to the importance of teaching.

Yes we are indeed a brother/sister-hood and the profession is desperately in need of a support network.
    So HUGE THANK YOU to all those who do indeed provide that support, on here or quietly 'behind the scenes' in their own schools.

3. drek

drek Star commenter

We may be getting more help than you can imagine in the next few years.
    The government is reducing budgets, heads are seeking to reduce their SLT team sizes, so all those that kicked us on the way up, will be using the same expertise to get our sympathy on the way down.
    We might finally be all for one... too late for many but good luck to those left behind!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The TES Forums are full of people who care about others and are supportive and encouraging.

Onwards and upwards, folks!

Best wishes

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

What a lovely post - there are many helpful and supportive members on this forum, and it's nice to read posts like that to acknowledge how much we appreciate their support.

Also, thanks to the OP for sharing such a positive and upbeat post :)

6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

What a lovely post!!
    When I was the person with the target on her back, I didn't know this place existed and I was the first 'victim' on the list with a union rep who said, 'Trust no one'. I didn't realise she meant herself too!!!
    Now, I read the advice and think I wish I'd known that!!
    Time marches on and now I work in a shop!! I love it! Ex-pupils have come in to talk to me and remind me of daft things I/we did and I now know, I DID make a difference!! :D