1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just struggling

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by 576, Mar 3, 2012.

1. 576

576 Established commenter

Quotey thing not working properly so I'll just do it the old way.

"The problem is that my head is currently screaming at me that I am rubbish and should give up."
    "Seek uni advice."
    At first I thought they meant their headteacher
    but then I thought they just meant the thoughts inside their own head!
    [​IMG]

2. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Your university will have a counselling service. Also look up moodgym and then see your GP. You can go and ask for a talking therapy but there will be a long waiting list.

3. Cate why don't you join us at the mental health spa forum. We all live with depression and keep each other going in the difficult times. Sounds to me like medication would help you. Take care x

4. oops Mental Health Recovery Spa x

5. You're doing way too much so no wonder you're thinking of giving up. You might actually do well to see if you can go without the part time job. Even if your finances suffer, at least your health might improve.

I took citalopram which did help, it stopped me getting so bad that I'm not here anymore to tell the tale. I love what you say about stigma, I think managers do well to make you feel isolated when actually there's loads of teachers that it's happening to everywhere. I often think about all the teachers who suffer from depression but don't say anything about it because of the stigma, which makes it even more teachers still...