1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just spent about three hours trying to send forty images...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Gah. My compressed folder didn't seem to compress(!) and I had to use YouSend in the end - even that took ages. My files weren't THAT big..
    Is there a quicker way to send multiple images, or is it simply easier to send multiple e-mails?

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

The hotmail accounts use some kind of Sky Drive thing now... Facebook lets you upload hires for people to download or use an FTP x

3. Will investigate, thanks.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Most image files are already compressed and so zipping or otherwise compressing them makes little difference.
    It depends how big the files are that you're sending and whether or not they need to be that size. They come from digital cameras at very large files sizes these days. If they are to be seen on a computer screen only this is waaaaay overkill and they should be reduced first to much smaller without losing much quality.
    If they need to be large files, then consider posting them on a disc.

5. Thanks. I resized them all so the file was no more that 20MB. I would happily post them by disc, but no, they want e-mail. Sigh.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Ah little choice then. I prefer to use separate emails in such circumstances as sometimes a massive one won't get there properly, number them 1 or 4, 2 of 4 etc. If you have access to your own web space you could upload them there and send the person who wants them the url so they can get them when they want them. Doesn't make it any quicker but can avoid other problems.

7. Yes, I wondered about separate e-mails but didn't want to look like I didn't know what I was doing, if you know what i mean.

Ah well.