1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just qualifying, when can you teach unqualified scale?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by betee, May 2, 2012.

1. If you are due to qualify this academic year i.e. exams May and university finished when can you start teaching on the unqualified scale? I know when I qualified I taught before the September on the unqualified scale - but is this still possible and if so when can you start?

2. If you are due to qualify this academic year i.e. exams May and university finished when can you start teaching on the unqualified scale? I know when I qualified I taught before the September on the unqualified scale - but is this still possible and if so when can you start?

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You can start as soon as you find a school that offers you a job if they are willing to pay you on the qualified scale prior to the September. Some do, some do not in the same way that some schools do not have NQTs starting early and being paid in the summer at all.