1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just qualifying, when can you start teaching?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by betee, May 2, 2012.

1. If you are due to qualify this academic year i.e. exams May and university finished when can you start teaching on the unqualified scale? I know when I qualified I taught before the September on the unqualified scale - but is this still possible and if so when can you start?

2. If you are due to qualify this academic year i.e. exams May and university finished when can you start teaching on the unqualified scale? I know when I qualified I taught before the September on the unqualified scale - but is this still possible and if so when can you start?

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

Yes it's possible but when depends on your university. Speak to them and ask them about it. I know my uni says it's a week after we finish as that's when it goes to the exam board and they agree to recommend you. So just drop them an email, they'll have all the dates.

4. You can only teach (and be paid ) as a qualified teacher when you get formal registration confirmed by the teaching agency. Your university, once you pass all the required elements will recommmend you for QTS and once you are on the Teaching Agency register the school must p[ay you according to the national pay scale (or, if you are in an academy/free school or private schoolO their published pay scale. Induction, if offered (private, academies and free schools) can only begin once you are registered with QTS.
    The Sage