1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just out of interest...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Jan 22, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

...those of you with a George Foreman grilling machine - how often do you use it?

2. egyptgirl

...those of you with a George Foreman grilling machine - how often do you use it?

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Once. When it was bought. About 6 years ago!

4. Depends, sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes 0 a week, sometimes 0 a month. Just whenever really.

5. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I used to own something similar.
    I used it for a month or two.
    To be honest, I never thought it was that great. It could just be that I don't eat a lot of meat, and if I do I eat smaller portions of it - a chicken breast is two meals at least.

6. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Missus had one when we first moved in together. Used, I think once or twice, to cook chicken breasts to use for wraps for lunch, until we considered that they made for pretty expensive packed lunches and stopped. Haven't seen it in years, suspect it's made its way to the tip or charity shop.

7. egyptgirl

Same as us, then! We had it bought as an engagement present but use it once in a blue moon. Most of the time I forget that its there!

8. My mum and dad have one. I've only seen it used to brown sausages, after theyve been in the oven to cook through the middle. Surely that defeats the object of it...!!!

9. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

My sister once cooked me a steak on one. I couldn't work out why you would squeeze all the juice out of a steak during cooking and pour it away. What a waste of good meat.

10. My HM has one that I rearranged out of the way in the back cardboard. I think that says it all!

11. No! But we do use the gas BBQ to cook meat all year round.
    It lives in the big shed and Climber tootles out to cook steaks, chops etc on it. It probably gets used daily when he is home.