1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just out of interest, what does your tes name mean and how did you come to choose it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by needabreak, Aug 22, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Use to write stories when I was younger. Lanokia was the lead character of a few of them.

He even comes with a surname and backstory... I won't be sharing that part.

agathamorse and needabreak like this.
  2. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

3. serenitypolly41

serenitypolly41 Occasional commenter

It was taken from a bathroom furniture company LOL. The lettering was in goldcalligraphy and I thought to myself that'll do..it has connotations with a pristine and calm oasis.

It should have been a Calvin Klein fragrance.

The polly bit is the name of a dog that we had in the family who I cherished.

4. serenitypolly41

serenitypolly41 Occasional commenter

Does your cat drink Guinness?
    You drink Guiness?
    You own a cat?

None out of the 3 options?

needabreak likes this.
  5. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

RE: The pressing @guinnesspuss question

My guess is the cat looks like a pint of guiness, black body -white head?

Where do I get my prize?

6. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

I love detective fiction, hence Agatha from Agatha Christie; I have all her books and Morse from Inspector Morse.

needabreak and install like this.
  7. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

I was in my 50s at the tine and was born in 1959

Got to decide as I am hitting 60 soon whether to change it to 60sman to reference age or leave it as it is to reference decade of birth!

8. install

install Star commenter

Mine was a word I kept hearing in different industries and with different technologies. And the solution was always the same:
    'Oh you will need to install that..':cool:

9. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Could be worse, could be, "have you tried turning it off and on again" .:D

JohnJCazorla, install and agathamorse like this.
  10. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

3 letters from my first name and 3 letters from my surname written in reverse.

agathamorse likes this.
  11. Alceanne1

Alceanne1 Senior commenter

I chose Alceanne for Runescape, when I gave my then young teenagers permission to play on it, only if they accepted I would be around, too. They expended a lot of effort in creeping up behind me and robbing me!

I wanted a slightly medieval sounding name, looked out of the window, saw my hollyhocks and thought, yes, favourite flower: Alcea. Then thought that was a bit dry sounding so thought about favourite names - Anne - and combined the two together.

Neither name relates to my own name or any close family names, although I would have loved to use Anne for one of my daughters. But it occurs a generation up in my in laws family, so was already used.

agathamorse likes this.
  12. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

This is another one of those threads that one day might help someone gain access to your bank account.

13. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Only if they bank in Marineville.

agathamorse likes this.
  14. needabreak

Crumbs can't think how if you're sensible about passwords etc unless you aren't... Anyway that's not why it was started. Jeeze you have to think like a crim to understand em!

agathamorse likes this.
  15. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Don't say you weren't warned

16. needabreak

Ooh err... I was born on April 1st 1066 in Sidney Australia to parents of Irish origin who came from Galway... They were called Paddy and Kathleen... Seriously who discusses real stuff on here?

agathamorse likes this.
  17. needabreak

Is there a thread on kids names, holidays where they were concieved, shoe sizes, people from history, cats, cars and favourite flowers or brands? *just made all them up, how clever am I?

I was thinking most people had names associated with some fictional character or other... I rem OFGS she was a great poster and her name said it all... Then there was drunkern fool she was pretty cool... Look I'm a poet and I don't even know it.

agathamorse likes this.
  18. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Only the bank accounts of those trusting people who don’t use randomly generated passwords and ensure they change them regularly.

19. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Me too! Perhaps I'll change mine to RuthDalgleish.

20. snowflakesfalling

snowflakesfalling Occasional commenter

I had to create a new profile for a Christmas present thread a few years ago. I had thing for snowflakes at the time for romantic reasons. Then I started being stalked here online by an ex and I started using this name full time and let the old one "die".

Lara mfl 05 likes this.