1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just out of interest, what does your tes name mean and how did you come to choose it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by needabreak, Aug 22, 2015.

1. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Wow you were braver than me Spirit ;)

2. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Brave? Nah, sneaky

3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

4. FlyingFoxBat

FlyingFoxBat New commenter

I currently have an obsession with fruit bats (AKA flying foxes.) Also, I want to conceal my real identity from certain people who might also be on this site, but they don't know about my obsession with batties :) .

needabreak likes this.
  5. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

I love Fruit bats too, tho' they're not well-liked in our local town where there's a whole colony of them. When I lived in the middle of nowhere about five years ago, we had a colony fly overhead every night at dusk. Was amazing! Literally thousands of them. :)

I've done the bat rescue course, but have been hesitant about getting the necessary injections to actually do the rescues.

Anyway, welcome to Entertainment :D

needabreak likes this.
  6. FlyingFoxBat

^ Thanks :) .

7. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Well, when I started posting many moons ago, I was very lardy- around 19 stone. (Thanks to Slimming World, and some will power, I am now 10.5 stone and lardy no more!)

8. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

9. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Mine's a pen name and happens to be my father's Christian Name plus a place in Spain I like to visit.
    I wouldn't even have thought of Cazorla as a surname if it weren't for Santi Cazorla, an Arsenal footballer (and I don't even like football).

10. Motherofchikkins

Oh, that's fantastic. Well done! :)

11. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

Well sh ite and bu g ger that is upload_2016-2-21_22-54-12.png
    I chose showergel because I like using showergel in the shower

needabreak, Lara mfl 05 and lardylady like this.
  12. FlyingFoxBat

Wow- well done!

@
    Motherofchikkins

It must be wonderful to see all those lovely bats flying around :) . If you decide to get your vaccinations and become a bat carer, I hope you'll post pics.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  13. Motherofchikkins

@FlyingFoxBat

I probably won't now as just started a new job, and the babies that come into care need fed every few hours, however I do have photos from the local town, where they hang off the trees during the day. I could post some of them if you like :)

14. ShowerGel

ShowerGel Lead commenter

That'd be nice motherof

15. FlyingFoxBat

I'd love that! Thanks xx.

16. Drusilla2

Drusilla2 New commenter

Drusilla is my favourite vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My scooter's also named after her.

17. s10327

s10327 Occasional commenter

Ah. So the scooter is Drusilla 1?

18. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

I love liquorice allsorts!

needabreak likes this.
  19. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Jesmond is a suburb of Newcastle which is where I was born. I was actually brought up in Walker but Jesmond sounds nicer.

needabreak likes this.
  20. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

I’m a Tokoloshe and we are by nature evil.

Nah, just a reference to local culture and when I chose it fun headlines about supposed tokoloshe activity. Apparently their poo is luminous green and led to one of the best billboard headlines for a newspaper ‘Tokoloshe Poop In My House’ (almost as good as ‘Chicken Pantie Terror’ from the same paper)

needabreak likes this.