1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just No End To It.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ElaineC, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Kate
    I'm so glad you have come back to let us know how you and yours are coping.
    I hope you will let us know which/what you decide for the headstone?
    I can feel/sense that there is a lot of Elaine in you- I know she was (and would be) so very proud of you.
    I hope you will be a regular on here!

2. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

(... and I seem to remember Chuirchill's "keep b**gering on" was pointed out to Elaine by *Taster*, no ? :-D)

3. Of course we wouldn't mind telling everyone what the final words will be, I believe we'll make this decision at some point this year, I'm speaking for myself here, but I do feel worried about getting it right! Which is why I message on the TES forum, to see if anyone had any ideas.

She used to joke about "I told you I was ill" but before Spike Milligan used it and stole her thunder ;-)

Thanks for the words Taster, I hope that is the case.
    I don't know about being a regular on here, I'm not in the teaching profession but having read some of the posts, it seems that all workplaces, no matter in what sector are full of stress/strife/repressed anger towards customers or management, whatever guise they are in *embarrassed smile*

K xx

4. Zenzuata - Half a bottle of wine into the night and I can't even remember names that are written down - not a great sign eh?! Sorry, said with a sheepish grin. You could have glory stolen there, it was a corker after all. x

5. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

Tee hee - I raised it again yesterday, but it was on upsh*tcreek in the last few days, taken from *Taster*'s suggestion some weeks prior to that .... :)

More manly hugs to Morgan and Chris :-D

6. Thanks both, like I said at the time, it were one of Churchill's.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Thanks for posting Kate, Elaine was a fantastic woman, much respected and liked on here. I, for one, am so pleased to know that she will live on in you and Morgan.

8. HI to All,

I am doing the Race for Life in Bradford on 1st June, which raises money through sponsorship for Cancer Research, I'm sure my Mum would have approved, she always thought us kids should be more active :-D
    So I am going to be running/walking in rememberence and respect for her.
    You can see how I am doing on my webpage & if you wish to donate that would be most appreciated but certainly not expected.

www.raceforlifesponserme.org/kateconnell

Wish me Luck!

Cheers

Kate x

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Kate - can you post the link again as that one didn't work.

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I normally only sponsor my nieces but because Elaine was such a fantastic woman, I'll sponsor you Kate.

11. Oh! Well done you.
    I'm so glad you have kept in touch, and that's a great idea you've had there.
    Let us know how the training is going!

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Have donated: good luck, Kate.

Will you be running in the morning or the afternoon?

13. Thank you all for the generous sponsorships received so far!
    That's fantastic - what a great set of troopers you are :)

I'll be running in the morning, this is BTW totally unheard of... I normally only see Sunday mornings through a groggy half open eye before my head returns to pillow!
    So getting up, let alone running, is a challenge in itself on a Sunday.

Training - Hmmmm, I'll get back to you on that one. Never was one for revision. Always was a last minute crammer....

Kate xx

14. OMG, now I understand. My heart stopped dead for a minute.

15. Celtic Queen - I'm really sorry! Just realised you will have seen ElaineC come up and had a lurch! I posted a while ago so thought I'd already caught everyone who was looking at the thread! Apologies there!
    xx

16. Yes -breathstopping, isn't it! -she still feels so much a part of us, I did the doubletake too - but it's absolutely delightful to hear from you, Kate. Never donated online before but I'll have a go, too!

17. Ooooooh

So strange to see Elaine's thread on the first page....but lovely to hear from you Kate. (I still miss Elaine and think of her lots. When I have bad days the memory of her fighting spirit spurs me on.)

Hey, good for you taking up exercise :) Elaine would be proud. Let us know how you get on, won't you? Have donated....so you'll have to cross the finishing line even though the race is on a Sunday morning;-) (How cruel is that?)

Lots of love to you and the family.