1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just No End To It.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ElaineC, Apr 5, 2005.

1. shellyf

shellyf New commenter

2. Tomorrow will be a week after the funeral.
    I miss you so much Elaine, and I am trying to KBO every day in your memory.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I wish she was still here.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I miss her so much, have listened to her reading that poem so many times.

Elaine, we miss you so much, but hope you are at peace now.

XXX

6. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

For me, Elaine's more missing now than she was before her funeral, but more present as well. Does that sound strange ?

She's missing for more people than I could have imagined, some of whom I've now met because of her funeral, and I feel that as an even greater loss. But she's more present at the same time, in the feeling that there are many memories of her in those people - some of which could be "tapped" in future. They haven't necessarily been shared yet, but could be. Thus, there is more of Elaine still available to you and I, in the collective memory of her.

This, presumably, is one of the functions of such rites of passage as funerals and wakes and threads like this one on the TES.

It does make one want to hope for an afterlife or an overlife or something, though - so that Elaine could sit there and look on and have a jolly good giggle (and, hopefully, feel a warm glow inside).

Ah, well - we can do so in her place :-D

7. Beautifully put, Zen. :)

8. Back where you belong.

9. Why are you so reluctant to let her go? Elaine is dead and buried - why do you keep clinging on to her? Say goodbye and let her go... this thread is coming maubid and frsnkly silly with all these 'up' posts.

10. Not morbid and not silly either. There are people who are still dropping by to pay their respects and condolences. This is the second time that you have made your objections to this thread quite clear, but plenty beg to differ with your opinion. If you don't like it then just stay away or red-box it.

11. And all these posts that say 'up' mean what, exactly?

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

jcoops, some people in the last few days have just been hearing the news for the first time.

With respect, perhaps this is an occasion where if you don't like the thread, perhaps you could stay away from it.

13. With respect, jcoops, grieving is a personal thing. Please go elsewhere.

14. Quite so, stinkerbell- so why do you air it on a public forum?

15. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

Up (not mine).

16. With respect, jcoops, grieving is a personal thing. Please go elsewhere.

17. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Back to the top