1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just Musing about promotion.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, Mar 21, 2011.

1. You're the second rapper this week!

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

Nobody thinks your pathetic attempt at shower humour is funny (have you seen anybody join in with it or make any kind of supportive comments about it?
    Anybody can make pathetic attempts at shower humour (only they wouldnt want to be seen as being rather sad)
    Somebody thinks you are incredibly clever (you)
    Manybodies (I made that word up) in SMT and in Headteacher positions are ex PE - oh sorry - shower checkers heheheheheheheheh - chortle
    Oh yes, I almost forgot - Everybody thinks you are a nutter

3. We don't give a ****

(notice I didn't use any numbers there)

4. Stoppers. Sorry about that 'over 50' comment. Will be joining you soon enough....
    I think Blib (who doesn't drink) got slipped a mickey last night and the result was, well, unattractive...
    When he first used the 'shower checker' thing (2008 as midlifecrisis - how prophetic!), I thought it was quite witty - you were on that thread too.
    All gone a bit stale now though, along with someone's grey matter...
    I know this is a little cruel but I spoke with a colleague today, who is also a poster on here, and he reckons old Bibbles is the new Clovis.
    High praise indeed...

5. Also, there was some excellent advice from Karvol today who said that rows, discussion, disagreements on here were all well and good and perfectly acceptable, but if you allow that to upset you, it is your own fault and you should have withdrawn before that occurs.
    I concur.

6. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

I too concur.
    The 'shower checker' thing doesn't upset me at all, I think it is a quite pathetic attempt to get us shower checkers riled which way misses the mark ie as if we give a monkey's.
    Now if he was poking me in the eye with a sharp stick or throwing stones at my kids then that would upset me, but calling PE teachers shower checkers doesn't rank anywhere on that spectrum.
    The bloke obviously has a screw missing somewhere in the machinery (perhaps that was why he missed so much work during his mid life crisis). Who knows.

7. momentofclarity

momentofclarity New commenter

You could just refer to me as "sir". That would suffice I think. Although I am never adverse to being referred to in more informal terms such as "boss" once you have worked for me and proven your worth, although Maths teachers are a dime a dozen so you will have to probably demonstrate something besides your cutting wit to even be in with a shot.

I would get used to it Blibs, if you haven't already realized you are probably offending a future boss.

8. Has bbibbler really made over 6 posts a day for the last 6 years or have I gone totally hatstand.....

9. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Well, it's what I jest said. Innit?

10. M, the dance from the class to the common..
    tres impressario (very impressive -Delboy style)
    Momentoclarify, a potential future boss to Blibbs?
    I do hope you offer BUPA Gold with 'well-being' as part of the package..
    You must remember, Blibbs (and Clothead) are non-drinkers, which for my simple mind, quadruples (at least - I don't know the words for five, six, sevens times and more...) the worry...
    Dazzler, you never say anything nasty, but I know you are a nasty man, truly gifted and talented..

11. Unless there is evidence to support this, one can only assume exaggeration is hereabouts. He is prone to this...
    Boy, is he prone to this...

12. Good ones, bordering on unique.

13. So you are 'probably' going to employ him? Perhaps you meant 'possibly'.
    I know quite a few maths teachers who'd disagree with that. Actually I wouldn't describe teachers for any subject in such low terms (and that includes 'shower checkers'). [​IMG]

14. Oh, Robbie!
    ICT!

15. So sorry FP, I'd totally forgotten about them (in my defence they are easily forgettable).
    Could we call ICT teachers 'spread sheet checkers'?

16. I meant so easily forgotten

17. Perhaps 'spread sheet chasers'; the only subject where the kids are constantly in front of the teachers. So much so, even the likes of a 'shower curtain cruiser' (I just made that up) could take them through it..

18. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

Will somebody explain to Foamy what the little numbers beside my name mean.

You will have to speak slowly and maybe give him a waterproof crayon so that he can make notes.

19. Mainwaring

If it's unique it can't be plural. What am I saying? Clovis is unique and he's multiple: Sheetmucus, WJHollybuggerer, Maeve7 and numerous others. A passing thought: Is the Barista called Maeve? If so is she yet another avatar of Clovis. Now THAT'S scary.

20. Mainwaring

That was in response to Pharaoh's: