1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just looking for a bit of support

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doitforfree, May 11, 2011.

1. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

My husnband's been out of work since last autumn. We're by no means on our beam ends quite yet but he's just been rejected from another job and I'm starting to find it harder to keep smiling. The uncertainty is hard to deal with. I know lots of people have it worse than we do but I just don't feel like smiling tonight.

2. [​IMG] I completely understand and relate, which may not help, but I do.

3. It is very hard to keep smiling. Husband lost job about 3 years ago having been made redundant. Took him about 8 months to find a job. He heard last month that his last day is this Friday as he has been made redundant again. I'm not looking forward to the next few months.

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

It's horrid, isn't it? This is the third time my husband has been made redundant. I hope your husband finds something very soon. Our experience is that lots of jobs are advertised but quite a few turn out not really to exist, which is very annoying (sorry, that's not very encouraging, is it!). The ones he does get interviewed for are taking ages before they interview and then ages to decide, as if they don't really want to commit. I remember last time he was out of work the job he did get all came about very suddenly so I keep hoping for something similar.