1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just having a whinge!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I'm cold!

I've been outside all day and then for a run. The heating is on in the house and I'm about to have a shower. I was so hungry after my run, I needed to eat.

Nothing else to say really. I'm just not looking forward to the rest of the week being freezing either!

2. You need porridge for breakfast and soem thermals!

3. chubbyone

chubbyone New commenter

Snap!!! I am cold, would not mind if snow as would mean a snow day so it could be a duvet day!!!!!

4. I have porridge for brekkie and I have been wearing ski socks, thermals, t shirt, fleeces, ski jackets, liner gloves, outer gloves and a beanie as well as my usual trackies and hoody!

And I have a hot drink 3 times a day and a hot lunch.

Today I joined in the kids lessons for 5 of the 8 lessons.....

Brrrrrrrr

5. Lots of sympathy! (Imagine doing this job when you are in your 60s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

6. Im sorry to have no sympathy, but I LOVE the cold weather.
    I hate artificial heating (barely ever have it on at home, and heaters in cars make me feel ill) but love love love wrapping up in duvets with hot water bottles, or getting in and putting my dressing gown on after a cold day. I just love the contrast between cold/warm.

7. Impulce, I too hate the extreme heat and stuffiness that those inside appreciate/endure! It is gross and I am forever opening windows.

I'm not saying I don't mind a bit of heating. But the thermostat at home is usually only on 16 degrees, so its not like its warm, just not chilly.

I even prefer running in these temps than when it is super hot.

However, when you spend 6 or 7 hours a day outside when it is literally freezing and snowing, I do appreciate the warmth!