1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just had my fix of Glee

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I have no idea what it is.

2. tidal

tidal New commenter

* confesses to being an addicted viewer*
    *wanders away quietly hoping no-one has noticed*
    [​IMG]

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I love it...and I aspire to be Sue Sylvester!

I've not seen this week's yet - I was away for a couple of days so I'm working my way through OnDemand catching up on the programmes I've missed. I'm saving Glee for last! [​IMG]

4. An American import - a bit like Fame and High School Musical in one (says she having never watched the latter). It has some brilliant characters and I love the music.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Whereas I can take or leave the music - I love the humour. And Puck. [​IMG]

6. Not sure what that means.
    I love the humour too. Sue Sylvester is great. I missed her this week.

7. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

I quite like how they remix the music.
    Sue Sylvester is a great character.. she just takes it to another level lol.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

[​IMG]

9. Ah - now I do!

10. And this is supposed to be good?
    There is music and stuff?
    Oh no, nothing for me.
    It took me long enough to get used to the surrealism of Dr. House.
    I couldn't cope with music as well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Of course I'd need to be 30 years younger! [​IMG]

12. I don't think it is aimed at any age group, it appeals to all (IMO).
    And your OH is missing out. I love it more than my wife (more than my wife likes it).
    Puck is cool, I agree but Britney has the best dumb lines and Santana is awsome, they all are and the music is outstanding and timeless. A brilliant concept and an incredible character mix.
    Best US export since . . . ?
    The West Wing? Buffy? Ever?

13. Or a cougar or in your dreams!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I agree that it's not aimed at an age group - in fact a lot of the story lines are a bit too risque for younger viewers.
    I meant I'd need to be 30 years younger for Puck. [​IMG]
    The whole programme is littered with brilliant one-liners.
    I'm not sure there's much to be gained from trying to compare it to anything else - it's funny where Fame was not and I've never seen HSM so don't know whether it's anything like that but I suspect not.

15. No - he was happily watching football on alternative screen. I got the main one for once!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm also really enjoying the black humour in The Big C ("your own mela-homa") - brilliant stuff.

17. I love love love Glee (much to my husband's disappointment) - Sue is utterly hilarious!
    Seen most of the ones coming up online (got up to the Christmas special before I forgot to watch a few), think season 2 started off weakly, the Brittney Spears one wasn't the greatest - but it's got back into the swing of things now.
    Just pure cheese.
    I also love House.

18. He is absolutely delicious!

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I love it and thoroughly enjoyed this week's too. I really love songs from musicals and the humour in between makes it even more watchable.

20. *lurks behind sofa to type this, wearing a heavy disguise*
    And here was I thinking Glee was my dirty little secret.[​IMG]
    I loved High School Musical too...and I feel I really shouldn't own up to these things...[​IMG]
    It's pure cheese, voices are dubbed and far too sugary-sweet, the 'spontaneous' song and dance routines must have taken weeks to rehearse, all songs have full-blown orchestra backing and it's all too perfect for words....and extremely entertaining!
    I think I have watched the Gwyneth Paltrow Cee-Lo (sp?) routine five times now. Catch-up is a wonderful thing.
    There. Now any shred of street cred I might have had has vanished without trace...[​IMG]