1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just had interview for a job that doesnt exist!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by donna1107, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Just got back from an interview and am a little peed off. Basically, ive been interviewed for a job that doesnt yet exist. Its all dependent on a current member of staff getting a new job, who is also being interviewed today!!! So after interviewing, they might not even be able to appoint!!! Annoyed to say the least!!
    Anyone had this before? Can they even do this?

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi Donna,
    I am really sorry to hear that the school has done this- however it doesn't suprise me. They are hedging their bets that she will go as soon as possible.
    It's a total pain in the A**.
    If it's any consolation I have and 3 others were interviewed for a post that was meant for one person which the HT and DT had already decided on before the process began. How do I know- the person already worked there and they just wanted her. I also had a good idea after they only asked me 4 questions at the interview stage (after observing me teach and do a written assessment of a child's work).
    After the interview, I asked for feedback- however the HT said that they couldn't say how I could improve in any part of the interview process I had submitted myself to.
    I just thanked them for the interview practice and that is how I am viewing it as. It is important for me to be able to go through the process. However I hope that next time I will get the job!
    BPG

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

This happened to me last year and while I was disappointed I can totally see the schools perspective. When it happened to me the head called to explain that the staff member did not get their job and so wouldnt be leaving, but that I had interviewed really well and I was the sort of person they would have been looking for had the position been available. It was a fab school too...

4. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

You're not the only one, I understand how annoyed you nust feel. I had an interview for a job where there was an internal candidate who the job had been promised to. Several of us being interviewed had heard from different reliable sources she'd been promised the job and the interview was just so that it looked like they were doing everything above board. What made me cross was that the interview process lasted a day and a half!! What a waste of time. The upside was that when my ideal job came up a couple of months later, I was well prepared for the interview and got it.