1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just googled

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Jan 23, 2011.

1. I just googled some of the parents of the kids I teach, and, whoa! I knew many of them were very powerful, but I've been blown away. Some of these parents who I have known for a number of years, and have a very strong relationship with, are higher up than I ever knew.

In many ways, iI wish I had remained ignorant.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Raise your expectations regarding Christmas gifts.

3. Why?

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

In what way?

5. One was in the times today, so it piqued my interest. And powerful in terms of the jobs they have and companies they CEO etc

6. Ah

7. I feel like I should start bowing to you; just through association. I'm awe struck.

8. Were I to google some of the parents of the kids I teach, I'd find them on Crimewatch and the like.

9. Alright, leather patches. No need for sarcasm. I was just gob smacked. Different levels of parent income bring different sets of pressures

10. [​IMG] Excellent.

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Teddy do you work at my school?

12. You're right. Chablis or Chateauneuf with the evening meal exacts its toll.

13. Well, it's certainly not what I'm drinking!

14. I bet it is quite interesting really, is it a private school?
    My husband went to a private school and some of his class mates arrived at school at the start of term by helicoptor (not him), had second homes in Sandbanks and were connected to people in very high places.... Just a different world. He was only there as his mum worked there so they paid a fraction of the fees..... It is such a contrast to the children I taught though, very strange,

15. Some of the children at my school arrive in helicopters - again google will point you to the crimestoppers page concerning missing and stolen helicopters.