1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

just found out i have cancer.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tryingtoteach, Jul 21, 2007.

1. salsera

salsera New commenter

Hello - it's me Salsera - just found this on my list as have been unsure how to access anything on this style of TES. Hope you're all doing well. My good news is I'm getting married next year! It's been six years since Mike died -can't believe - I've survived and life does go on - there is much more smiles and less tears - though I do have a few dark days.

My love and best wishes to all the "old posters" on this thread xx

janemk likes this.
  2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Congratulations Salsera - life really does hold more in store for us than we dream of. The dark days will lessen as time goes on.

Great to hear from the OP and you too Acky, and that Margey is well xx

3. sockknittingtubes

sockknittingtubes New commenter

I saw this thread and this wekk is always a stark reminder every year on Shrove Tuesday when I was diagnosed 21 years ago with breast cancer and had at the time 2 boys one with severe learning difficulties . I wen tback to school and made pancakes and been making pancakes with kids for the last 21 years- not this year as I have been forced into retirement on grounds of capabilty by my last school. - gutted spent Shrove Tuesday this year day making ceramic pots!!