1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

just found out i have cancer.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tryingtoteach, Jul 21, 2007.

1. margey

margey New commenter

Hi happyface

Just caught this as I was heading for bed. That's fantastic news- you are so right- everyday is so very precious. So very glad we met in London.

love and hugs

Margey

2. Hello to everybody who still reads this thread.
    Just wanted to share my news with all the lovely people who helped me so much over the last eighteen or so months.
    I'm going to have a baby! I'm due in September and am very excited and a bit scared. I'm seeing my lovely consultant next week for my one year check and can't wait to break the news to her.
    Hope everybody is well.
    Loads of love
    :-D

3. salsera

salsera New commenter

That;s brilliant news. I'm glad everything is going so well
    x

4. Oh Happyface what fantastic news! Congratulations!

5. lodhi

lodhi New commenter

HAPPYFACE i am so happy for you. well done love lodhi xx

6. margey

margey New commenter

Hi Happy face
    I am absolutely thrilled for you and your hubby. It's wonderful news and I can imagine how bubbly you are about it. Guess we will always be a tad scared after what we've been through but hey you will be fine. I am sure your sister is over the moon too and it will be great for your nephew having a cousin close in age. Good luck when you see the consultant. Please look after yourself because being pregnant is very tiring and I guess like me you still find life tiring.

We were all there for each other though some tough times and never forget that you helped all of us too. I had a check two weeks ago and they don't want to see me for six months. I am fine and cope really well as long as I pace myself.
    There has been some tough news on the Worried sick thread lately as well with personal friends so your news has really made my day.

Tkae care
    love and hugs
    margeyxxx

7. margey

margey New commenter

Caffeinfairy- I am so very sorry to read about your dad. So hard when he had been in remission for that time but I am sure that he like me always recognised taht it is remission and not cure taht we llive through. It's a way of coping with the knowledge that we are only as good as today. I am sure that the love of you and your family will have given him the strength to cope with it and courage to know that despite his life being cut short he had you by his side. I think that the mind is a wonderful thing and there are ways that we cope with this frightening illness surprises us all. I must say that being able to talk on here does allow us to share some of the worries we may not want to burden our families with.

Be kind and gentle with yourself because your grief is very raw yet. I am always here if you want to chat.
    Love and hugs
    margeyxx

8. Oh my goodness. I have just spent the last hour reading this post and the other one, catching up with all you amazing people who I have really missed. I know it must have seemed like I had vanished off the face of the earth - it was strange - I woke up one day and it was like I couldn't go on the TES website - and I didn't for nearly 18months. Having got so much support from you all over the previous 18 months of diagnosis and treatment - and all the emotional stuff - it was weird to just cut off. If this seemed rude, I apologise. The support I got from 'TES friends' was instrumental in my recovery and , even when I wasn't posting, I thought of you all.
    And now I want to send lots of special love to my dear friends including Margey, Trying to Teach, Happy Face and all the others who deal with the hurdles of this grotty disease with such fortitude. I got quite emotional reading your posts.
    I am back at work full time now. I do get incredibly tired and I do worry quite a lot of the time. At the end of November it will be 2 years since all the treatment finished and I will be having another mammogram. Most of the time I try to get on and live my life well.
    Sorry again about my sabbatical. But something this weekend has drawn me back.
    Lots of Love
    TK xx

9. So pleased you posted TKOLLIE, I must admit doing a search on your name a while ago. I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to see you are fit and well. My friend is now 4 years down the line and still doing very well.
    Lots of love
    GTA xx

10. margey

margey New commenter

TK- how really lovely to hear from you.[​IMG] I missed your posts a great deal when you "disappeared" but just hoped that you were getting on with your life. Things can be for a season and then it's right to move on but it's so good to know that you are doing well and back to work full time. I really appreciated the tremendous support you gave me when I was going through really tough times. Unique bonds were forged. I also don't think that we can help worrying at times once we have had cancer. Good luck with the mammogram.
    It's strange that you should have been drawn back this weekend because I had some lovely news from Happy Face yesterday. She has had a baby boy and mother and baby are both doing well. Isn't that fantastic after all she went through!.
    I am doing well and am now on six month check ups. My biggest problem is tiredess but mostly I do quite well at getting the pace of life right. I do miss school but health is so much more important. I am off to Australia in ten days to visit my brother and I am very excited about it as it's something that I thought I would never do again.
    Do please keep in touch.
    Lots of love and hugs
    Margeyxx

11. How lovely to come home after a governors' meeting and see two lovely messages from dear friends. Thank you GTA - I hope all is well with you.
    Margey - thank you for your kind words and memories. I am so pleased that you are doing so well and really living your life well. You are an inspiration!
    That is great news indeed about Happy Face - time to celebrate I think.
    You are right about unique bonds being forged. The people I have met on here will always have a special place in my heart - we have shared so much. It feels like only yesterday that I was on here just about daily.
    How fantastic to be going to see your brother in Australia - you must be so excited.
    Lots of love and hugs and so pleased to be back.
    TK xx

12. Hello TK it was lovely to hear from you.

As I look at my gorgeous little boy it's hard to remember how dark life was two years ago. This 'place' and the people here were such a tremendous support to me. I rarely come on TES now but I do think of everybody often.
    Love to everybody

From an incredibly happy happy face and son! xxx

13. lodhi

lodhi New commenter

It is so nice to hear from you. happy face. It is nice to see you happy. Give a big hug to your son from me. xx lodhi

14. Happy Face - I am so so pleased for you. Life sounds a whole heap better than the last time we spoke! Your son must be bringing you so much pleasure, and all the more special after what you have been through.

Margey - have an absolutely brilliant time in Australia - I know you will savour every moment.
    With all my love, admiration and support.
    TK xx

15. tryingtoteach

tryingtoteach New commenter

TKollie!!!!!!!!!!!!! So nice to hear from you!! I too haven't been on here for ages either but have often thought of youa ll x I'm so glad you are all feeling ok!!
    What a journey we went through eh? Seems like a lifetime ago yet only yesterday.
    Well, a lot has changed for me. Sadly me and my bf split at the beginning of the year but I am now with someone else and expecting a baby too!! Congratulations to HF - I have seent he pictures and he is gorgeous!
    I wanted to say a big thankyou to youa ll for helping me through those horrible times xxx I really dotn think I could ahve doen it without you, and even though we try to put them behind us, I still think of you often xxx would be lovely to keep in touch on here xxxxx

16. Hey Tryingtoteach!!! How brilliant to hear from you. I have thought of you often and it's great to hear you are about. Those were pretty amazing times weren't they - a big journey, as you say, and very , very supportive in terms of getting through and moving on. I too don't know how I would have managed without the on-line f riendship. Special times.
    It sounds like things are going well for you - a new man and a baby on the way - congratulations! That is happy news indeed. When is the bay due?
    Thank you for your kind words - you are one very special person. Keep in touch.
    Love and very special memories to you (and all the others who have had this bumped up!)
    TK xxx

17. tryingtoteach

tryingtoteach New commenter

I haven't been on TES for ages and not sure if any of you will see this but it was still on my hotlist!

Hope everyone is still doing great, wow 5 years since this was bumped up! All well here still, my daugter is 4 and starting reception next week and I have since got married and had another baby girl who is nearly 1. Back to work FT for me next week!

Hope you're all still doing great xxx

18. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Interesting that the last poster before today was margey, as we were wondering at today's meet what happened to her/ you?

19. AckyWacky

AckyWacky New commenter

I don't visit TES as much as I used to but happened to see this thread had been upped. It is so good to hear that you are enjoying life TTT. I used to read this thread often when I posted regularly on Worried Sick.

I'm sure Margey won't mind me saying that she is well and living life to the full with her lovely family.

Take care, Acky x

20. Waves at Acky and all from the worried sick thread and silent readers. Lovely to hear from people, I do wonder now and then how everyone is.

Much love to all