1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

just found out i have cancer.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tryingtoteach, Jul 21, 2007.

1. lodhi

lodhi New commenter

I love to meet up all of you if you don't mind. My e-mail is jlodhi1@hotmail.com.
    Love to you all. I am already here any way.

2. margey

margey New commenter

That would be great Lodhi and an easy location for you. Will be in touch soon. How are things with you as you haven't posted for ages.

love and hugs
    margey

3. lodhi

lodhi New commenter

Hi margey and everyone else
    I am so busy and it is difficult to explain. My OH was in hospital because doctor gave him a wrong set of tablets. In recent 4weeks 3 mistakes. Hospital asked me to change my GP. Every day some thing new comes up and I am struggling with timing as well. All the tablets have its own timing.
    Strong painkiller does not work on my OH. Every one is very helpful. Now all the doctors have accept it that morphine does not suit my Oh. He suffers very strong fits with this type of strong painkiller. It is a very long story. There is not enough time in a day. Life is short however there is no time for enjoyment. It is impossible to do anything. Does any one else in a same position.

4. margey

margey New commenter

Hi Lodhi

I am so sorry to read about the problems you are having. It must be bad for the hospital to suggest changing GP. There is nothing I can offer in a practical way but I do send you and your OH all my love and best wishes . Do you have good suport around you- family, friends? I feel so much for you. Please keep posting.

lots of love and hugs
    margey

5. tryingtoteach

tryingtoteach New commenter

Hi margey - lovin the pic!! i wondered if you would have put that!

Im really sorry but i cant make that weekend, im already goining away but funnily enough its with other people i have met with lymphoma!, so we're all off with other fellow club members! its amazing the friends you make throught this sort of thing. i have made som fab friends (all you included) who i know i can turn to at the drop of a hat. i hope you all have a lovely time, im sure u will, and have a drink for me please!

Well, things are pretty much normal for me now. my hair is a few inches long and i had extensions put in my fringe and have been without my wig for a month or so. scary, but ive done it! just come back off holiday where i ended up in hospital with torn ligaments in my foot! i never had anything ebfore i had cancer n since then ive broke my elbow n hurt my foot - i came back on crutches! oh well! got my 6 month check up coming up in 2 weeks but am feeling fine so hope it will be ok.

sending my love to you all, i still think about you all a lot! have fun in london and please post all the gossip on here when you get back home!

xxx

6. margey

margey New commenter

Hi TTT

What are we going to do with you? Ouch! Torn ligaments are very painful- I hope your foot soon feels better. Great news that you are now wig free and the hair is growing.

Sorry that you cannot make London but hope you have a super time yourself. We will have to do it again at a date you can make. I am really looking forward to it- a good natter and good food! Let's hope the sun shines.

What date is your check up? I am back to the liver unit on 12th September.

take care and enjoy the rest of the holidays

love and hugs

margey

7. margey

margey New commenter

Hello Happyface and Lodhi

I heard from Lev last night and she is ok for London on Saturday which is great. So looking forward to it.

love Margey

8. lodhi

lodhi New commenter

Hi every one. I found it. Great. I mean this site. I hope every one is Ok and see you Sat.
    Love Lodhi

9. Excellent - see you then!

:) x

10. Thank you Plymouthmaid - you know where we are should you want to talk about any aspect of your mum's forthcoming treatment - good luck to you and her.

Lev and Margey it was so wonderful to meet you yesterday, you are two really inspiring people. We managed to make it home with no more spillages!

Lodhi - I'm sorry you couldn't make it - I hope everything is ok with you, your OH and family, and look forward to meeting you next time!

Love and hugs to everyone

[​IMG]

11. margey

margey New commenter

An update on Lev from her husband- "she is sleeping deeply and is in no pain".

What a brave person she was coming to London last weekend- but I am so glad she did.

love Margey

12. Hello.

I know this is a fairly old post but just thought i would send you an email to say i hope things are going well. I have just been treated for cervical cancer at 23 so know how scared you must have felt when you found out. Your head has a million thoughts and questions that just don't seem to get answered quick enough!

It is hard but with everyone around you, you can get through. Don't Google it! I did it when i found out and was the worst thing i could have done!

I hope your treatment is going well.

Look after yourself

x

13. I have only just found out about Lev. So sorry and send condolences to the family.

(I am unable to post on the blog not sure why)

14. Hi everyone

Been to the docs today for my six month check and I'm "still in remission" Wayhey!!!!

Love and hugs to everyone.

15. margey

margey New commenter

mixu- I am so sorry that you have only just found out about Lev. If you want to contact me via "Friends" I can give you her husbands details. Not sure why you can't post on her blog. How are you? It seems ages since you posted here. xx

Happy face I know I've already told you how pleased i am about your news but let's shout it from the rooftops- it's wonderful. xxx

TTT- long time no hear!!

love and hugs

margeyxxx

16. Happyface - excellent news.

Margey - I cannot for the life of me remember my password etc for the blog. I have had a few problems myself over the last 6 weeks but will say on 'friends'

17. tryingtoteach

Hi everyone! Sorry ive not been on for a while - busy busy busy!

How is everyone? Hope everyone is still doing ok?

Lifes pretty much back to normal for me. Went back to work full time at easter, pretty quick considering i finished chemo on 28th feb! this years going really well. i have lovely year 1 class and im really enjoying being back at work. touch wood everything seems ok health wise but, like all of us im sure, i still have my moments where im sooo paranoid! they are geting less and less tho!

my hair is back too! i was just reading through some of the old messages on here andi cant believe that in the space of this thread i had cancer, lost my hair, got rid of cancer and had my life return to normal! it all seems so surreal sometimes!

how is everyone? would love a good catchup!

18. tryingtoteach

oh, has anyone heard from TKollie? not seen any posts from her in a long time x

19. margey

margey New commenter

Hi TTT

I am so glad that life is back to normal for you. It is not surprising that you still have paranoid moments but I am glad they are getting fewer. We certainly lived each others moments didn't we! I remember the spates of decorating you had in between chemos! it is a year ago that I found your thread and I am forever grateful to you for it. I have gained so much support from it.

I am sorry that you couldn't make the meet with Happy Face and Lev in the summer. It was a great day and a humbling one with it being the last thing Lev did before she died. Maybe we can have another one sometime. Do you remember Lodhi? She hoped to make the meet but couldn't and her husband died three weeks ago.

As far as I know TK Ollie hasn't posted since about the time I had the query over my scan at eastertime. Hopefully she is back at work and ok.

I got my ill health retirement through at the end of the year which was sad but I know that it is right for my health. I have just had CT scan results through and it shows that the shadow they found at Eastertime has not changed. So that's the best news. I am ok and live mostly a normal life but with lots of quiet lazy spells built in. My biggest problem is lack of stamina , both physically and mentally so I have to pace myself. But I am so lucky to be here and I count my blessings daily. I do not quite know where the time goes being at home but the weeks really disappear.

So there's my update.

Do keep in touch.

love and hugs Margey

20. Hi everybody

Don't know if people still read this or not...

I had my three month check today and continue to be fine. When I think back to this time last year, how I had no hair and was just numb with coping, I cannot believe how much my life has changed.

I've been in remission for nine months and every day feels like a miracle - even those days when I'm tired of work and have to drag myself out of bed... actually, especially those days!

My love, and buckets of hope, to everyone whose lives are touched by cancer.

Merry Christmas

H :-D xxx