1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

just found out i have cancer.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tryingtoteach, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Levana. I don't know you but I am thinking of you. I have been complaining about school and my life and although I know that everything is relative, I feel that I need to put things into perspective. I really hope that you have some good support with you at the moment. I really will be thinking about you. X

2. lonneymiss

lonneymiss New commenter

Hi Lev,

I've been following this thread and just wanted to say I am thinking of you and think you are incredibly brave. Sending you lots of love looney x

3. Thanks TTT, Charlotteamy,hoglett, musicgal, lonneymiss I appreciate the support. It really helps not to feel alone, and despite the support from family and close friends, it can seem an unfriendly world out there. You have made it friendlier.

lev xxx

4. margey

margey New commenter

It was good to talk Lev. Thinking of you as always

lots of love and hugs

margey

5. margey

margey New commenter

Forgot to say- is anyone up for a meeting? if Lev is well enough-it would be great to get together as we have all supported each other through so much.

6. tryingtoteach

tryingtoteach New commenter

how are u today lev?

margey what a fab idea! i know we talked about it a while back, i am def up for meeting up. xxx

7. Thanks TTT; I feel about the same. Yes Margey a meetup would be wonderful....

8. (((((((Levana .. so sorry to hear your news)))))

9. I have dithered for a couple of days, levana, waiting to see what others have written and trying not to come up with something that sounds like a platitude. I can't think of anything better or truer than to say I am so sad to hear of your news and that I hope your days are precious not just because of their scarcity, but because they are good days, full of love and hope and pleasure.

I am thinking of you.

God bless.

10. lonneymiss

lonneymiss New commenter

Hi lev and everyone else,

I am glad my post made you feel less alone. It's amazing how reading posts on here you do get to feel like you know people. I do know what you mean about sometimes feeling alone in the world even though you can be surrounded by loving familes and friends. Its nice to have people who are just there and completely impartial. If you ever want to talk then feel free to contact me. My email is seymour_crock@hotmail.com. I am especially good at discussing soaps lol. Take care xx

11. margey

margey New commenter

Ok so how do we go about a meet?

I will throw out a suggestion to get the ball rolling! What about the last weekend in August? Next question. Where? I am in the midlands and would be happy to host and could put people up as well. Or would London be better for you Lev? Let me know what you think.

Just wish Tk was still posting as well.

Love and hugs
    margey

12. My family are coming from Canada andreturning on 27th August so it would have to be after that for me. London is easier for me to travel to....see what others think.

lev xx

13. margey

margey New commenter

Lev-that is fantastic news that the family are coming over from Canada. What a real blessing that will be. London would be good and probably easy as it will be a direct route for everyone. Not sure of another date to suggest as we have already have most weekends booked in September. I knew this would be easier said than done!!

What are you up to today? I have been really tired the last couple of days and done very little but am meeting friends for lunch today. I know it's tiredness from holiday and retiring but I have to wind myself back up again to go away on Thursday!

Love and hugs

margey

14. Apart from a visit to the Warfarin nurse, we got down to the beach hut today. I went for a swim as the weather was fantastic. Then we came back and watched the Tour de France (which I call the Tour de Bums) and I promptly slept through the most exciting bit...ho hum...

I do a lot of sleeping nowadays.

tomorrow is the last day of the school term and we are going up to say proper goodbyes.

take care
    xxx lev

15. When I lost someone a while ago, a woman in work came up and said "I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything". It seemed like a cop-out to me, so I am here to say I wish things were different for you. I don't think we have ever "spoken" to each other, but you do notice some people, don't you, and follow their stories. Wishing you well, Levana. I am glad you got to the beach - it's the place to be.
    X

16. know what you mean gorgy...when my mum died people would cross the road rather than speak to me!

think we have spoken on some tes chatroom thingy....

thank anyway....

lev

17. Levena.

Words fail me, my sister?s experience in Jan replicates yours as these difficult times approach, Avastin failed to aswage her projected inevitable outcome and the strength needed to present serenity for herself and close family.

As a supporter it is never easy knowing what to say rather than saying nothing, and what words are applicable, although I may have given the impression of coping this was not true and my thought was that I would try to be as supportive as possible, in her presence we knew the words we were not saying, and the silly things we did talk about, the garden or the house is was all code, she had her own list of objective and who was I not to enable her to do as she wished and as you say that every day analogy is good, even when they are your days.

This whole episode has taken tremendous courage and tenacity as a silent representative in how to keep on trying, our shared experience unique, an inexorable bond of growing up and sharing. This was the how to do it, secure in the knowledge of her convictions, never in public hinting on the strength needed to endure the ever present pace, and as you say those sleeping moments, when I needed just to be close.

Your name will shine like a star whose brightness will never diminish and we are all better for having you let us into your experience.

God Bless and keep you.

Printer x

18. margey

margey New commenter

Lev

Hope the day of goodbyes has gone ok and you were able to keep strong. Knowing you I have no doubt that you did.

The weather forcast is good so hopefully you will be able to enjoy some more swims this week.

I have felt a bit less tired today which is good as we are heading off again tomorrow evening.

thinking of you

lots of love and hugs

margey

19. Had a cancer scare myself and knowing how you feel. Had a friend with same condition who went on to have two healthy children - stay positive and keep battling - you can beat this!

20. I think a meeting would be a fab idea - and I'm available at the end of August too.

Love and hugs
    Hxxx