1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just experienced first stabbing of the back!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Im just about to complete my NQT year and have been luck to have only just experienced what its like to be stabbed in the back! Im in such a foul mood and need to vent. Im moving ks and will be sharing a TA with someone from my current team. Have got along really well over the year and saw her as a friend and good colleague. Also happens that this person has a leadership role within the school. Anyway, my new head of ks got in first with the TA to sort out hours, and when discussed with said teacher, she seemed ok with it. I discussed it with TA today, she then went to finalise hours with said teacher, and i could tell that she wasnt happy. Next thing i know ive got the head wanting to speak to me about use of TA and collaborative team work, and what do you know, said teacher has the hours she wants with the TA.
    So annoyed! It wasnt even me that jumped in first, and to have the cheek to basically use her leadership role to get what she wants, aaahh
    Rant over

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I hope you feel better for the rant! Have a hug [​IMG]
    Nearly the end of term! [​IMG]

3. So sorry for you...It never ceases to amaze me the politics which goes on in schools. I constantly get the impression that a certain member of SLT is having a moan/ gloat about what I am or am not doing at every opportunity... but i also hear teachers and TAs bi**ch about her behind her back and yet be nice as pie to her face.
    Apart from one or two 'toungue in cheek' comments to someone who i trust is on my wavelength i try hard to keep my mouth shut and just focus on the job! [​IMG]
    Try to let it go... don't want to start the year with bad air between you...

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Once again its the truth that you never can trust anyone inschool.When it comes to self preservation the leaders always chose what is best for them..not being fair is common. I have experienced that over some 30 years.......best way is get on with it and remember in future keep yourown council and never trust a TA to be totally loyal( sorry you TA's out there).
    They are the biggest source of gossip in the scholl////i shsuld know as often in the staff room i here then state and moan.
    Remember to often they might be quizzwed by leders as to what your doing or undertaking and your progress.....just make sure yu have given them their job in their TA book and that they are used correctly.

5. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

Just wait for the occasion wonderful SMT take a parents side instead of yours (a teacher/colleague) then youll know what betrayal is