1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just don't see how I can go on...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Oldfashioned, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

I have had enough of living this way. I'm exhausted, I hate life, I can't see any respite. I just don't know how I continue to exist or if I even should.

Trapped in long term supply roles with no escape. No savings means I can't even take a breather. Panicking about how I will survive the summer hols. Worried if I'll get another school when this one is over. Hating my current school with a passion.

I started a business but it is taking so long to gain traction and apart from having me work 100s of hours hasn't returned anything yet.

I'm not sleeping, anxious, shaking and have zero energy for anything.

Life sucks.

2. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 Occasional commenter

Please book an appointment to go and see your GP. I see so many stories on here with people feeling like this with teaching. I understand that you are in a more difficult position with working supply and therefore i'm guessing not entitled to sick pay but it really sounds as if you need a break.

Could you look for a job outside of teaching that does not come with the same level of stress? Or have you considered private tutoring?

If you gave up supply and it took a while to find another role you might find without savings you are entitled to some benefits that may tie you over for a while.

JohnJCazorla likes this.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

OMG - I am so sorry and sad to read your post. I can't suggest anything other than to keep posting on here as everyone is so helpful and kind.
    Hugs

4. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Lead commenter

Wish there was more I could say. You seem to be doing the right things but - yup, for you, right now, life is not co-operating. Stay strong. Be kind to yourself. Just - keep going.

JohnJCazorla likes this.
  5. skint1

skint1 New commenter

I’ve felt exactly the same in the past.

Definitely see your GP - don’t put it off just because there’s nothing physically wrong. Right now you lack the energy to think yourself out of the situation you’re in but a good doctor will be able to help with that. And I agree with the previous post - no job is worth feeling like that.

Really hope things improve for you soon.x

JohnJCazorla likes this.
  6. Oldfashioned

Oldfashioned Senior commenter

Thanks for the nice replies.

Another day, another dollar in hell high today. Too tired to care.

And no Sebregis, life is not cooperating.