1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just don't get it.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Toomuchtooyoung, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

I'm pretty new to TES and read more than I write, and in general I enjoy it. What I don't get is why people write the fictitious posts, the can't get a job because of DBS, being the latest, though from what I gather not the first.
    I can see why pathetic bullying people get power kicks from being nasty, trolling and upseting people, but I just dont get what people get from making up bizarre posts. I am naive is there a hidden agenda, whats the point ?

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I've never got it either :)

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Attention, drama?

It is weird, I'm a bit relieved when they fizzle out quickly as there's a hint of mental illness about them.

delnon and RedQuilt like this.
  4. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Is there not a place in life for the bizarre? Look at Teachers, the best TV show ever. Shot through with the bizarre, it was...

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Oh yes. Bring us your trolls, your wind ups and your lying masses.

delnon likes this.
  6. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

There used to be a poster, oh years ago now, who would put the recent fantasists to shame. Can't remember her name, but there was one post (among loads of other crapola she wrote) about a dog she was looking after, dying. Oh, the hilarity.

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

There was Goneril and AudreyTawdry and then there was the one with the citrus cardie whom we are not permitted to mention by name. Any of those?

8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

No, none of those. This poster was an Irish girl, and friends with Celtic Queen.

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I enjoyed reading albertdog's posts, then he 'died' then he turned out not to have been real at all.

10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Does anybody remember Chris ?

11. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

That was a sick joke. If you're still lurking, or indeed posting, albertdog, shame on you.

aspensquiver_2 and InkyP like this.
  12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I agree- very sick,:( I hate it when posters pretend to be in trouble and get lots of sympathy from other posters, when all they are doing is winding them up.

aspensquiver_2 and delnon like this.
  13. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Did it begin with an 'M'? I think I remember the one you mention.
    How could we forget! (!!!!!!!!!???????)

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It was great fun while it lasted though.

.....and it lasted a loooooooooooooong time.

Wonder what he's doing now.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  15. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

I remember her but not her name. I do recall the dog story.

16. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

HBF used to call Chris Criqch or something. That was weird.

17. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

I wonder if the poster with the DBS issue was a journalist from trying to generate a story> There was also a dodgy survey posted at about the same time. I wonder if they were from the same isp number?