1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just curious

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sulas, Nov 8, 2011.

1. have a new, more senior job to start in january. Head had decided to put me on 'gardening leave' and is now interviewing for someone to start immediately.
    has anyone else been in this position? Must say i was rather stunned by the suggestion and my class are really upset - had tears today and a flood of parents wanting to see me. not ideal

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think you need to ask on workplace dilemmas. This sounds totally unacceptable.

Your HT cannot appoint someone to do your job while you still have it, gardening leave or not.

Unless of course you told him/her where to stuff their school and job...

But hey ho...lots of time to get ready for the new post.

3. Never ever heard of it in teaching- only in jobs where there are secrets to steal or systems to sabotage!!
    Anyway sounds good to me- lots of time to prepare for new role, do xmas shopping etc.
    Am suprised the school can afford it- would love to know how HT justified it to govs.
    Congrats and good luck in new job.

4. the head is new and i must admit there is no love lost between us! initailly i was quite annoyed at her cheek - but having now had time to clam down and think it through rationally - i think - what the heck - loads of time to catch up on reading and ge the house and evrything ready for christmas without the stress of week end crowds. Can't be bad. [​IMG]

5. Sorry that went before i could stop it - wanted to say thanks for your replies - they are much as i thought.
    also thank you for your good wishes - i am so excited about the new job and can't wait to get started,

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Must say I've never come across this and what is most worrying
    But as others have said if you're being paid to prepare for your new role . . . . go on and enjoy the freedom.
    Best wishes for the new post.