1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just catching up on the Hospital programme...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Marshall, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

… I shouldn't be shocked due to my hubs recent experience (and to a lesser extent mine) but I can't but wonder where it is all going? NHS, Schools - so fundamental to everything we do.

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

The shame of it is that people blame the NHS, blame the schools, blame the police etc. for the results of the lack of funding instead of focusing their anger where it should be directed; the people and policies who are causing it.

InkyP and Marshall like this.
  3. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I totally agree!

But - what can we do about it?

4. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I don't know, really I don't. Apart from making pulling people up on it when they moan about the wrong people. Ultimately people will get what they voted for (even if they didn't actually vote for that) and will learn, hopefully, through the consequences of it. But most people aren't politically aware and don't want to take the trouble or the responsibility to learn.

https://dorseteye.com/the-nhs-is-be...KWzemBYJq0RKe4T5fbNVjx2Ev0fTjMB5UmMQOYm9YGV90

5. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

People blame the councils for cuts....libraries, nurseries - tons of stuff we take for granted but they conveniently forget that it is all down to the reduction in the money allocated to councils by this self serving Tory government !!

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

I don't see any problem with more borrowing money to fund these sevoces. Labour will.

Marshall likes this.
  7. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I think this is past politics. Taxes need to go up as does borrowing.

8. LondonCanary

The increased taxes will be handy to pay the interest on the borrowing,

9. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

As I said - this is past politics.

10. LondonCanary

I was thought we were talking economics.