1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just been mugged...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Feb 24, 2011.

1. bedingfield

bedingfield New commenter

What an awful thing to happen. Sorry to hear this.
    Take care of yourself.

2. (((tassie)))

3. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Just wanted to say what a dreadful thing to happen Tassie and hope you are okay.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Aww you poor thing. I had my car hit when I was driving last week and the the guy sped off, that was bad, but nothing compared to what you've been through! Big hugs! Have you remote wiped your ipad? (I thought you could but I don't have one) xxx

5. Just to add my voice to the others: I am so sorry this happened to you tassie. I do hope you will be alright.

6. So sorry this has happened. Lots of warm wishes from me xx

7. And from me too xx

8. Shall I wipe everything from it?
    It still says that it can't be located and tracked. If I wipe it, then it definitely can't be tracked.
    I'm pretty certain Im never going to get it back, so shall I just wipe it?
    When I get a replacement, will my itunes be restored once I resync it with this laptop?
    What happens to my itunes when I get rid of this computer? I am due for an upgrade at work and now that I have downloaded a heap of stuff for my new toy, I don't want to lose it.

9. Hi,
    If you have any email services synched to your iPad you need to change your passwords asap.
    My work email is synched to the main email thingy (sorry, don't knwo technical details) but also, when I go onto the internet and go to hotmail / gmail etc it remembers my password, so if you use any of these on your ipad I would change them as soon as you can.
    Anything you have on iTunes will synch to an new device so I would just keep iTunes as it is.
    (and I'm really sorry to hear it was taken from you, I hope you're ok)
    DG
    x

10. Sorry, I didn't want to worry you, if you have the passcode set then it's not quite so urgent....

11. skt107

skt107 New commenter

oh gosh, this sounds awful. so sorry you've had to go through this :-( xx

12. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

What a bummer. So sorry this happened to you.

13. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Hope you managed to get some sleep - take care!