1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just been mugged...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tassiegirl, Feb 24, 2011.

1. and they took my Ipad. It was up my jumper as I got off the train as my bag was too full, so they must have seen me put it there and followed me home. Just as I went to get my keys out, they took the opportunity.
    Just one guy, I wrestled with him for at least 30 secs, screamed and punched and kicked and then realised that there was another one and it wasn't worth being injured over.
    Anyway, police report etc over and done. I have my ipad tracking on, though I have tried to find it and it says no signal.
    Does any one know why? Are they that good that they just wipe it completely?
    Surely if they are amateurs, then they would be wanting to get some info off me?
    Or do they just clear it and sell it?
    So, so, so ****** off and violated!
    I cant think of how people must feel when they have their house broken into.

2. I don't know anything about ipad tracking but just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear you've been through this.
    The shock will probably hit you later - maybe phone a friend to keep you company? ...and be kind to yourself.

3. Ahh Tassiegirl that's horrible.
    The only plus side is that you didn't get seriously hurt - ipads can be replaced (although it's not right that it was stolen).
    Sending hugs, and hope you feel better soon.

4. FIRST, take care of yourself ... as Seren says the shock will hit xxx

Second ... it has to be connected/online for the tracker to work

5. Thanks guys, the adrenalin has worn off and I feel a bit sick.
    I am waiting for the shock. I need a good cry. But it is just not happening. Its been over two hours now.....
    The thing that bothers me is that they now know where I live. It happened outside my front door.

6. What an awful thing to happen - as others have said, you need to take good care of yourself, as you will be in shock. Are you on your own? You should ring someone to be with you right now, as not only do you need some support, your fear of their knowing where you live will lessen if you have company - at least for now. Take care.

7. Hey Tassiegirl,
    I hope you're okay, but having been through it myself I know that you're probably not. The shock will hit when you least expect it (probably when you try to sleep tonight). When it does hit try drinking sweet tea!
    Are you on your own or do you live with others? If not, can you either go somewhere else or get somebody to come and stay for a couple of nights? It will make you feel safer, especially if you think they might come back. They were probably just opportunistic and after the iPad.
    Did the police mention anything about a follow up call to check you're okay? When I was mugged a lovely liaison officer phoned me the next day to make sure that I was okay. If they don't do it automatically try and find out if there is some support they can give you (if you want it).
    And as somebody else said... an iPad can be replaced.
    ((((tassiegirl))))
    p.s. The police told me that the best way of attracting attention is to yell "FIRE" - people are more likely to come running because they don't think they'll get hurt!

8. I'm sorry to hear that - it must have been terrifying. I'm glad on many levels that you saw fit to fight the thieving git but in future just hand it over!!!!!
    Take care of yourself - it's an awful thing to happen.

9. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

<address>((tassiegirl)</address><address>Really sorry to hear something so awful. Don't be alone tonight. Take care of yourself - you're worth more than an Ipad.</address>

10. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

***'s sake - I can't sympathise enough, having been through it too. Like Seren said, it will probably hit you later, and while you feel like you are coping and fine right now, floods of tears may come later. So yes, get a friend round. Bloody ***. My grandma is a big fan of corporal punishment - I always hush her when she rants on about this - but it's moments like this where I think a good 20 lashes wouldn't do them any harm...
    Look after yourself
    xxxx

11. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I know its probably no comfort, but shouldn't the police use their iPLOD to track your iPad?

I'll shut up now [​IMG]

12. Sorry to hear of your ordeal. There's some real rotters out there. Look after yourself and I hope you start to feel like your old self as soon as possible.

13. Jacob, you don't need to apologise, that actually made me laugh out loud!

Thank you!

14. I don't want to be with anyone. Have spoken to lots of my mates and its ok. 3 hours and still waiting for tears.
    I am so lucky. I had my earphones in and if they had bothered to check my pockets, I had an ipod, phone, cash, cards and in my back pack there was a laptop, a bottle of wine and all sorts of odds and sods.
    Hence why I was carry my ipad up my jumper, it didn't fit in my bag.
    So the moral of the story is,..... carry the wine in your had. Its better to look like a wino than risk your safety.....

15. And you could have whacked them over the head with it!

16. DM

DM New commenter

... plus you can break the bottle over your assailant's head.

17. DM

DM New commenter

Beaten by a blue duck. The humilation.

18. Mwah hah hah hah hah!

19. DM

DM New commenter

"humiliation" before the duck corrects me

20. Nah, I can't spell, so I never notice incorrect spellings.
    You're safe from me on that one!