1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Just a 'happy mothers day' would be nice..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Apr 3, 2011.

1. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

You've got me trying to remember when I received my first Mother's Day card now. I doubt very much that it was before my eldest started at play group and they all made one during a morning session. Don't be too hard on your husband - the male brain is just different and at times it shows. Once you've regained your composure you might enquire breezily as to just exactly what it was he had planned.
    This was the first Mother's Day in 19 years that neither daughter was present: the eldest away at university and the younger on an exchange in one of the deepest, darkest corners of France. I was pleased to receive a card through the post from the elder one, and just as pleased to find a card all ready for me to open in youngest daughter's bedroom. It is the thought that counts, after all. So be happy that you have a child, Chica, and as she gets older I''m sure she will be only too happy to provide her own card and gift for you. Just give it time...

2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

A week late, but who cares? My lovely kids (in conspiracy with my sister) have just given me a Kindle for Mother's Day. It's growing on me - fast!