1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by anon4046, May 16, 2011.

1. Sorry, I don't understand. What cheque, and why was Waverly Court asking her for a cheque? Confused.

I've had a citation for June, so am interested. I'm supply though, so don't know what happens there, wrt to money. Can I claim money for potential loss of earnings, I wonder..?

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I did jury duty during my first year of supply, 4 years ago. I got payroll to give me a letter detailing my daily/ hourly rate of pay and used that to submit to the court for expenses. Bear in mind though, that the MAX you can claim is something like £30/ day, and if they dismiss you before (I think) 11.30am they don't give you a whole day's expenses for that day (even though it's a day written off for supply by then) I did 2 weeks' jury duty but only got about £200 including my travel costs (20 mile round trip) because a lot of the time you get called in, sit about until 11am then are sent home.

Hope this is helpful.

3. Hey, thanks for that, it is really helpful. :)