1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jumped too many on pay scale!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Ey_Up, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I'm not a teacher so sorry if I'm not up to speed with the jargon!
    My wife was awarded a jump on the Main Pay Scale in her October 2010 review meeting. She had moved onto M4 on 1 Sep 2010 and then been awarded a jump onto M6, back dated to 1 Sep 2010.
    Due to the sloppy administration at her school she still has not received this pay rise. However, after finally seeming to get some where she was informed that he was not allowed this pay rise and could only progress onto M5 due to 'policy'. The pay rise she was awarded is documented in a letter from the chair of governers.
    I was wondering if anybody had any advice. She is seeking advice form the NUT but any extra is welcome. Thanks.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

The union should take this on - quite strongly as you have the formal documents as evidence. While I don't personally agree with jumping up scale, as it was awarded my feeling is that she has a right to the money and they should hold to their side of the agreement.