1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

July Inspection

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cornflake, Jul 4, 2015.

1. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

We are overdue ... With lots of rumour flying around about no inspections in July because of training (rumour = told by several HMI!). Of course I know they can come any time, but if anyone DOES get the call or has in the last few days, in SW, I'd be grateful if you could post. Thanks.

2. DFC

DFC New commenter

Two schools in our region had a visit Wed / Thurs last week! Both had been overdue.

3. cornflake

Thank you.

4. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

We had one last week and lots in our LEA are being done this week.

5. cornflake

Thanks

Was hoping we would get the call today but no....

Must be the only person complaining they haven't had it!!

6. cornflake

Just seen a school near my home is being inspected tomorrow ... So yes, they are definitely out and about still!

7. School near got the call yesterday. Inspector is asking for a full analysis of ks2 stas released today in time for tomorrow. Harsh!!!!!

8. FriedEggs

FriedEggs New commenter

I have heard the rumour that Serco will be penalised financially if they don't hit their target number of inspections by the end of the term, as they are losing the contract from September. So they are desperately trying to make up numbers in the last two weeks.

Hope it's not true, as I am running out of energy. Have been waiting all year for the call, and come Wednesday lunchtime my nerves are shot.

9. They've been in to a local school yesterday and today.

10. cornflake

Thanks everyone

If anyone hears anything next week, please update!

3 days to go!!

11. We are in same position - currently graded 'good', last inspected autumn 2009. Had heard the same rumour from 3 independent sources but still on red alert for next week.

A local secondary academy was inspected last week. So not feeling that rumour was very reliable! However they are in a lower category so on a termly inspection cycle. Not sure if that would be relevant or not.

Good luck if the call does come - I shall be checking back here tomorrow!

12. FriedEggs

FriedEggs New commenter

The relevant quote being:

Inspections ... can take place during the final days of term

We asked Ofsted whether they inspect in the final days of the summer term.

A representative explained that inspections can take place at any point after the end of the first complete week of the autumn term. However, if a nursery or primary school has a new intake of pupils at the start of the spring or summer term, Ofsted will not inspect in the first full week of term.

The representative also advised us that inspections do not take place during school holidays, but can take place during the final days of term.

Ofsted does not publish a timetable for when inspections will take place.

13. cornflake

Yep: fully appreciate that usually inspections can go right til the end.... However rumour was more a categorical statement via several HMI and LA inspectors working for Circo - and a change to usual because of the end of contracts. However, clearly inspections were still going on last week .... Has anyone got the call today?

Only two more lunch time waits to go!! Hang in there everyone!!

(PS as much as I'd like it over and done with before the summer, we should do better under the new framework! Every cloud....)

14. Ring ring! Seriously.

15. cornflake

Oh gosh! Thank you for the update. Hope you sail through!

No news here so Autumn now ... Frustrating really!