1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

JSA over Summer. Entitled?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Phoebe Beeberbe, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Wow, Jubilee - thanks so much!

This is incredibly helpful. My July pay gets paid to me mid August. I will then not be paid from mid August - mid Oct ( as I believe my Sept pay doesn't come in until mid Oct) but I WILL be working during Sept. So, from what you have advised, I could sign on for JSA only for the last 2 weeks of August. Does this sound right?

I am really worried about finding the money to pay for fuel to GET to new job which is a fair bit further away than my current one.

Spent the day today looking for things to sell!

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

If your employment officially ends on the last day in school (and your mid-August pay will be for a part month) it would actually make sense to sign on from the first day of the school holidays.
    That way you would get JSA from the first unemployed day and would manage perhaps three weeks (or slightly more) before either signing off or keeping the claim open and declaring the arrears of pay. You'd get more money and you'd get it sooner rather than later.
    Staying signed on would allow a possible continuation of HB or partial HB and access to all the NHS services for nothing as previously explained.