1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Journey to Jo'burg

Discussion in 'Primary' started by thedangermouse, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Does anybody teach this as a text for stories from different cultures? I have started planning a 2/3 unit on it for Y5 and any ideas of activites would be gratefully received. Its the end of my PPA and my brain has ceased to function!

2. Does anybody teach this as a text for stories from different cultures? I have started planning a 2/3 unit on it for Y5 and any ideas of activites would be gratefully received. Its the end of my PPA and my brain has ceased to function!

3. Hi,
    Trying to plan this unit is driving me crazy.I'm supplying in a mixed- age Yr 4/5 class and can't discover the objectives for this unit anywhere. I've bought a copy of 'Journey to Jo'burg' and intend to use this.I realise that it is 3 years since your post but hope that you may still be able to help me out.All I seem to have done this week (half-term) is schoolwork and I am exhausted - dreading going back on Monday as there's still so much to do.If you could let me have a copy of your plans I would be so grateful.My e-mail is Angelmac16@hotmal.com.
    Thank you so much.

4. HI Know this was a long timeago but did you getany plans? Am struggling to plan amid organising fathers funeral and have a copy of the book atlong last and now need some planning material to get my head around!!

thanks - rjprince@talk21.com

5. Gratzia

Gratzia New commenter

Some great ideas and resources from 'Literacy Time' number 18 (Scholastic).
    Planning from Hamilton and Literacy Matters websites.

6. Hi - just started teaching this. Would be really grateful if I coul have a copy too please.
    snatzy@sky.com

thank you very much :)