1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Journals/ Advice needed

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ed_mid19, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have had an essay set on my pgce that is focused on investigating and critically debating the quality of teaching in schools and how schoolks support pupils to raise achievement.
    Any ideas about where I should find journals/ documents aorund this subject (obviously will be in the uni library so alternatives would be good) ? Any advice on areas/topics I should cover within the essay are also very welcome.
    Any help will be greatfully recieved!

2. Thanks,
    I have been told to base the mainstay of the work around what ofsted are expecting to see in schools in terms of quality teaching whilst also focusing on what is happening in my placement school to improve the quality of teaching.
    There are lots of issues ofsted are talking about at the moment... it is quite confusing which ones are important to write about. We only have 1,500 words to use so any help on what you think ar ethe key areas to cover would be good.
    So far I have read a lot about the quality of management and leadership, CPD for staff - the planning and implementation of this, teacher mentoring, the use of personalised learning - correct implementation of data and behavioural interventions.
    Am I heading along the right lines?