1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat - Backing Tracks - King of my Heart.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by matt_moo, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hey, folks.
    I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd ask anyway. We're doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat for our Summer Production this year, and I need to find a backing track for 'King of my Heart' (which is a recent addition) and I was wondering if anybody had a copy which they'd like to share? No worries if not.
    Cheers...

2. Hey, folks.
    I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd ask anyway. We're doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat for our Summer Production this year, and I need to find a backing track for 'King of my Heart' (which is a recent addition) and I was wondering if anybody had a copy which they'd like to share? No worries if not.
    Cheers...

3. I may be able to access one but can I ask why you haven't gone to the company you got the rights from? Are you allowed to put it in if they haven't provided this with the materials they've sent?

4. littlerussell

littlerussell New commenter

To be fair to the OP (and assuming that they have the rights), the last time I dealt with The Really Useful Company (Lloyd Webber's agent) they sent a licence which didn't specify which edition (cantata or full) and didn't offer any scores/scripts/resources at all - we bought these elsewhere. They seem to operate differently from most licensing companies.
    Unless they have changed the licence agreement, it didn't specify which songs were to be performed, only that the show should be in full.

5. Absolutely, I appreciate that sometimes the materials and advice sent once you have forked out X amount can be as much use as a chocolate tea pot! However, I hope you appreciate why I approach with a little caution!

6. No, I totally understand. We have got the rights, don't worry, and I am often the one that pipes up with mentioning the legal stuff on here when other people want to get hold of second hand scripts. I am a law obiding citizen, fear not. But I just want to investigate and I might not even use it, but I've just got a very keen Pharaoh and I want to see how he gets on with it before I make a decision...

7. And thank you both for replying. It's very much appreciated! [​IMG]

8. Will get back to you in a couple of days, i'll see what I can do :)

9. Thanks very much! You're a star!