1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Roach, May 12, 2007.

  1. Has anyone done this with Upper KS2 children? We are trying to find a recording of the backing tracks for performance as we do not have a musician to play for us. Any help appreciated!
     
  2. Please?
     
  3. Did Joseph 3 years ago - I am not aware that there is a backing track available.
    Do you not know a competent pianist who would either record it for you - or better still - accompany you.
    From experience - backing tracks are ok but not easy to correct a mistake if something goes wrong. Also difficult to get timing perfect on places when music slows down or speeds up.
    I would try to find a competent pianist - if you can.
    Good Luck
    Are you doing the abridged version? Yellow covered score?
     
  4. You could try a computer program which "lifts" the vocals from a CD of the show, leaving you with a backing track. I use Magix Audio Studio, which has about an 80% success rate (as in it works 80% of the time and doesn't the other 20%). It cost me about £50 three years ago IIRC.

    We are also doing Joseph this summer, but haven't tried to create a backing track yet.

     
  5. thanx for your help. Have e-mailed the really useful group for help too. Will keep looking!
     
  6. You can buy a sing-along disc from dresscircle.co.uk, but it doesn't use all of the tracks, helpful for rehearsing though.
    The lyrics are all typed up on the TES resources page, I put them under Drama I think.
     
  7. Pick a different production.....it's truly mind-blowing awful when it's done badly....and toe - curlingly boring when done well...(IMHO)
     
  8. rosaymia

    rosaymia New commenter

    Hi,
    would really like to do that too - Where can I get the script/ words from ? I have found one or two backing cds on the suggested sites.
    Thanks
     
  9. rosaymia

    rosaymia New commenter

    Anyone?

    Where can I get script/words?

    Thanks
     
  10. Words are on resource bank but I can e-mail them to you if you like!

    Still trying to source a backing track as the linked one earlier is not the full performance
     
  11. ViolaClef

    ViolaClef Occasional commenter

    I don't think a CD backing track is available for this musical. I would recommend you see if you can find a good pianist to accompany the children - and perhaps a good drum kit player, too!
     
  12. caterpillartobutterfly

    caterpillartobutterfly Lead commenter

    LOL ViolaClef, might be a little late now!

    These upper KS2 children are now doing A-Levels and the like!
     
    dljames2013 likes this.

Share This Page