1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Discussion in 'Primary' started by matt_moo, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi all!
    Hope you're enjoying the Easter break!
    I was just wanting to get some advice from anybody who has done this as a primary school production before. I'm planning to do it with as our KS2 summer production this year and the Head seems happy with the choice. However, before I look into getting the performance rights, I was just wanting to know if anybody knows roughly how much it will cost? We've always got the performance rights for previous productions (Oliver!, The Wizard of Oz) so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm just curious as to how much this will be as I've heard it's quite cheap in comparison.
    Thanks y'all!

2. Hi all!
    Hope you're enjoying the Easter break!
    I was just wanting to get some advice from anybody who has done this as a primary school production before. I'm planning to do it with as our KS2 summer production this year and the Head seems happy with the choice. However, before I look into getting the performance rights, I was just wanting to know if anybody knows roughly how much it will cost? We've always got the performance rights for previous productions (Oliver!, The Wizard of Oz) so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm just curious as to how much this will be as I've heard it's quite cheap in comparison.
    Thanks y'all!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

This is the link to the official site. If you give them a ring they will be able to tell you what the current situation is regarding availablity, how much it would cost and any other information you need. You can phone or send an information request:
    http://www.reallyuseful.com/licensing/show-licensing

4. a word of caution unless you are very musically inclined I would make sure you go for the original children's version rather than the full score which is currently available. We did it and the children thoroughly enjoyed it.

5. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

They can be very varied in their charges. I know one school who were allowed not to pay anything because someone there knew someone who knew someone, but other schools are charged an enormous fee and others somewhere in the middle. Given that Lloyd Weber wrote the show for a primary school and is filthy rich it would be nice if he'd let schools do it for the price of the score but I don't suppose that'll happen as long as schools are willing to pay. I wouldn't touch it for that reason. There are plenty of equally good shows.

6. Thanks, Little Tiger! Much appreciated... and I can't wait to start! [​IMG]

7. groovyshell83

groovyshell83 Occasional commenter

I really want to do Joseph. Where can I get the script etc from?

8. Hi there,

I know toy wrote this a long time ago but I was wondering if you remember where you got the script from?

Many thanks

Stephanie