1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jordan

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by badpower, Jul 2, 2015.

1. badpower

badpower Occasional commenter

Hello all,

I will be starting a new adventure in August. I will be moving to Amman Jordan to teach in a well know and well established school. Just wondering really if anyone else is going over to Jordan this year or if they are already in Jordan and if they would like to get in touch and Join my Jordan group so we can share what we know about the place.

I am going to be writing a blog to document my own experience in this group as I have not really been able to fins much on the topic of working and living in Jordan, so, I have decided to find out for myself.

Anyway I hope to hear from anyone currently in Jordan, moving to Jordan or even just thinking about taking the leap into teaching overseas.

2. karel

karel Occasional commenter

Congratulations on your new position in Jordan. I think I worked in the school you are going to (it begins with the city that it is in), but it was a while ago. I left around 1999, just after king Hussein died and his son became king. I don't really fit into the catagory of people you are reaching out to but I'm happy to tell you it was an interesting and eventful experience for me to live and work in Jordan for two years. Out of all the places I've lived and worked I can say that Jordan was probably the place that I have the most interesting and amusing memories of. Will you be teaching secondary if primary? If it's the school I'm thinking of the secondary principal is still there. I had a lot if respect for her, she was a good person to work for. I'm sure many things have changed since my time there but am happy to tell you anything a cab about how I found it there. Good luck and I hope you can get contact with others going there. It's not a place that comes up often on this forum though.

3. badpower

badpower Occasional commenter

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch, think I will be working in a different school to the one you are speaking about but I am really looking forward to the challenge. I will be teaching secondary computer science while I am out there, been a while since I have taught key stage 5 so will be good to get back into that groove too :0