1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Jonah Man Jazz!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rachwins, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hello!

Does anyone have a recording of Jonah Man Jazz? (In particular, the 'Ninevah city was a city of sin' song!

My class love singing and thought they'd enjoy learning about one of the OT tales in a different way but don't have any of the sheet music (and am loathe to try to relearn the piano and play it!!)

Thanks!

2. Hello!

Does anyone have a recording of Jonah Man Jazz? (In particular, the 'Ninevah city was a city of sin' song!

My class love singing and thought they'd enjoy learning about one of the OT tales in a different way but don't have any of the sheet music (and am loathe to try to relearn the piano and play it!!)

Thanks!

3. Let me know if you find it! Sounds fab!

4. Hi,
    I have a cd backing track I had done for a sdchool production we did of JMJ a couple of year ago. I could email the tracks or post a copy of the CD to your school.
    If you don't knwo the songs I'm not sure how much this will help you thought - a couple of them are quite fast!

Marc

5. Hi,

Just stumbled across this. I am looking to do a performance of Jonah Man Jazz. I know the songs (did it at school myself). Although I can thump out he melody on the piano, a't really manage the full score for most songs - not a good enough piano player. If you have backng tracks for practice tthat you could lety me have, I'd be really grateful.....

R

6. Wish I could help - we did this at my junior school in the late 1960s and I can still remember every single word (saddo that I am!). If your class love singing, they will ADORE this.

7. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Anyone reading this interested in buying a copy of Jonah Man Jazz or Swinging Samson? I am selling off some of my resources.

8. Greetings Marc - I would love to have a copy of the cd backing track to Jonah Man Jazz - I'm working on it both at school and in our Junior Church. I know the songs quite well, but our resident pianist is busy doing her finals at university so is not available.
    If you can send a copy, please send to: Rev'd Marie Rowley-Brooke, St Mary's Rectory, Church Road, Nenagh, Co Tipperary, Ireland. (Please note, postage to Ireland is EU rates, not local British rates!)
    I would be more than happy to reimburse your costs.
    Many thanks,

Marie (Rowley-Brooke) aka Frederica

9. Hi there

I'd love a copy of your powerpoint lyrics if you didn't mind - would save a big job!
    Email is davinia007@hotmail.com - thanks in advance!

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

i too am a Yorkshire Exile who did this back in the 60's. I wonder if we know each other!! I am form Scarborough - how about you?

11. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

are we allowed to use power point and OHP for the words? What about copyright? I get so confused with all this.

12. I know this message was posted some time ago but I am also looking for a CD of the music.
    If you can help It would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Doreen

13. I have a copy but its at school which is locked till the end of August!

14. Hello Marc,

I know you posted this message a while ago but i don't suppose you still have a copy of that Johna man jazz CD? I really want to get my hands on it so I can teach it to my class for a school production! I love this, remember doing it at school when I was little! my e mail is e.brock@hotmail.co.uk

hope you get this message and can help me out!

many thanks
    Emma
    x x

15. Hi, Marc.
    I am looking for a CD backing track for Jonah Man Jazz and see that you had one a couple of years ago. As my search is proving hopeless I wonder if you still have the CD and if you could let me have a copy?
    I will pay any costs incurred (not me personally, of course, but I do have a small budget!).
    Maggy

16. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

17. Oh so sorry - only just saw your post! No ... Halifax. The beach isn't half as nice as Scarborough's!!

18. Whoops! that was meant for sparklepig!!

19. This post was years ago, but after google searching for copies of JMJ on CD this is where I ended up! Is there any chance you may be able to send me a copy?!

Kirsty